Tarp
    Larger in winter,
    Insulation
    down
    Suspension
    Whoopies, buckles,
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregori View Post
    Added to Google Sheet!

Need to start looking at food options, numbers attending, what else is planned for food.... Hot food, Hot drinks!!

Large Tarp, some Stakes, Lines are coming. I'll bring some bankline for lashing/tying poles to fortify the tarp structure(s).

Planning on a December 2017 and at least 1-2x other Snow/Pulk outings in Jan/Feb 2018 to totally dial in my setup/gear lists.

Gregori
    In regards to the tarp set up... last time I was at this camp is when the cabin was still up and we didn’t have a tarp. So my question is, will the fire be in the usual open area? No trees there to hang a tarp. We may have to hone some bushcraft skills!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    I already heard chainsaw, so I expect there to be a new cabin before I arrive.

Hammock
    WBRR or custom gathered end
    Tarp
    Larger in winter,
    Insulation
    down
    Suspension
    Whoopies, buckles,
    Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    Hah, in that case we don’t need the tarp

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Badwind7 View Post
    Badwind7 here from Ky. Ive already got these dates saved and set aside. I want to try some new things this year. My new polk worked well last year. I have a chain saw and if it fits I will bring it to really get some good wood for the fires. I have been buying extra bacon and sausage, I will have a whole lot to bring. look forward to seeing all again. That's all for now folks from Northern Kentucky.
    3 years in a row you get the prize for the longest drive! Remember, everyone is bringing some type of food...Extra bacon and sausage is always good, as long as someone else is hauling it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregori View Post
    Added to Google Sheet!
    Need to start looking at food options, numbers attending, what else is planned for food.... Hot food, Hot drinks!! Large Tarp, some Stakes, Lines are coming. I'll bring some bankline for lashing/tying poles to fortify the tarp structure(s). Planning on a December 2017 and at least 1-2x other Snow/Pulk outings in Jan/Feb 2018 to totally dial in my setup/gear lists.
    Gregori
    I know you'll be well prepared, especially now that you're rocking some Asbell wool. By the time February rolls around, you'll be a pro at this winter stuff. You're now the official chairmen of the shelter building committee!

Quote Originally Posted by robertjackson View Post
    I hope the weather report is accurate that we are supposed to get a lot of snow in Michigan.
    This hang looks like fun and I too hope to get out more.
    My snowshoes have hardly any use so far the last couple years. . . .
    Hope you can make it up to GT this year! Get out in the woods early and start dialing in your gear. The Ludington Hang in January (car camping) will also give you a chance to see other gear in action.

Quote Originally Posted by TZBrown View Post
    Great to see the dates posted. Looking forward to a snowy and cold winter, with lots of camping
    TZ, it's always a pleasure sharing a slice of meatloaf and a campfire with you. Should be a snowy season in 2018.

Not even going to jinx it for the 4th year in a row, so I'll act like I'm not even coming. No weather reports. No vacation turned in until week before. Brewing some good karma starting now.
    Thank you for sharing that with us, but I know you have no self restraint regarding the weather . Just remember, it's always just a prediction. Good karma is the best karma.

Quote Originally Posted by jdeering View Post
    Yes! I am really going to try and make this one. I will update the spreadsheet when I get conformation from Master. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hope you can pull it off this year and join us at GT. Basecamp is pretty much in the same footprint as the old cabin. When we got there last year, it was really strange not having it there to get oriented to the area.

Hey, what happened to your LNT ethics? I must admit building a new cabin would be temping, but I don't think the Ranger would be on the same page.

Thank you to everyone that's responded so far. I don't know about you, but I get alot of enjoyment out of this trip planning thread, even when it derails a bit. It's always good hearing from old friends that you may see once or twice a year. When everyone meets up a year later and settles in around camp, it always seems like it was just yesterday.

I don't remember who brought the cast iron dinner bell last year, but make sure to bring it along.
    Last edited by michigandave; 11-17-2017 at 08:41.

Hammock
    Dutch Halfwit
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG uq + Down Bag
    Suspension
    DIYwhoops+MuleTape
    Images
    With my ever changing schedule, all I can say at this point is that the trip is on my radar. I'll let Chris know too, it would be great to see you guys again!
    "It's not the man who's catching lots of fish and shooting lots of game who's having fun, it's the chap who's getting ready to do it."
    ~Horace Kephart

Hammock
    DIY Double layer
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    Dogger TQ/ DIY UQ
    Suspension
    buckles
    Images
    It’s in the books. Hoping for some cold and snow!

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair/WB XLC
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Insulation
    HG, WB and WL
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Would you like the hot tub installed in the front or back of the new cabin?
    -Jameson
    Proud Member of the North Country Trail Association-Hiawatha Shore to Shore Chapter
    http://www.northcountrytrail.org/

Hammock
    Dutch 2.4 Hexon 11'
    Tarp
    DD 4x4, 5x5
    Insulation
    HG econ 0* UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Loop Straps
    Images
    With all the wind and dropping temp today, it finally feels like winter is arriving....

I have been anxiously awaiting colder temps to work on my hammock tuning/tweaking/adjusting with all the new gear I seem to have acquired this year.

Now, a little snow to practice pulking, a few good cold nights in the teens to see if my gear can do the job, a little more confidence in all the new gear, I should be more than set for this winter's hanging excursions!

I'd prefer not to break any records this winter with cold temps or snow depth!! Just nice, average, Michigan winter weather....

Are we there yet? Is it time for the Hang? How much longer?

/smile

Gregori

Hammock
    11’ Dogger hammock
    Tarp
    SLD winter haven
    Insulation
    HG incubator 0*
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Hey we have 6 inches of snow.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by turkey View Post
    Hey we have 6 inches of snow.
    Looking good up there! I like this early action compared to the last couple winters. I was tempted to head up there tomorrow, but sticking with my plans to go south (actually colder part of the time if you could believe that). Besides, I do too much sitting at GT, about go insane.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast