Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Clifton View Post
    I have two Phoenix under quilts I use in my wide hammocks, they work fine. I have found no difference, one way or another.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    Thanks Rex...that's good to know.

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    UGQ Penny Pincher
    Insulation
    Klymit Luxe
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    I am 6ft 2 and 275+ lbs. To be comfortable I need a gathered end hammock that is about 64" wide.
    I am about the same size and have struggled with calf ridge in every gathered end I have ever slept in. I switched to the Ridge Runner last year and have never slept so comfortable..better than in my own bed. But the nagging feeling of not being able to make a gathered end hammock has never stopped gnawing at me. I just sent off for some Hexon 1.6 wide fabric from Dutch to see if a 64-68" wide GE might be the solution.

Hammock
    DIY 12ft Hyper D 1.6
    Tarp
    HG The Quest
    Insulation
    UGQ Bandit and Zep
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug
    Images
    Ok, got my wide chameleon and have slept in it some and have to say I love it even more then my original chameleon! I have room to get the perfect lay, and though I didn’t notice a lot of calf strain issues with my other one, the wide genuinely has room for my legs to extend out without any strain anywhere I can tell. I also don’t need a pillow or arms support in the form of a blanket or more pillows if that’s not available, it just supports my whole body better. I also have more freedom to try different lays. In my original I found one really comfortable lay and just had that, but with the wide I have more options, I can get comfortable on my back and sides.

I’m really glad I got it. I glad I have both honestly. The original is a single layer and I feel like when I want a more lightweight, packable hammock I can grab that one. My chameleon wide is a double layer and all about comfort, but also heavier and bulkier, so when I’m not worried about weight and I want really comfortable support, I can grab my wide. I can have my cake and eat it too!

Hammock
    DIY 12ft Hyper D 1.6
    Tarp
    HG The Quest
    Insulation
    UGQ Bandit and Zep
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug
    Images
    And also, my new normal width, 77 length UGQ zeppelin fits the wide just great. I don’t see a need to get a wide underquilt for my wide hammock. I can still stretch out and get a great comfortable lay while staying toasty (and I mean toasty, my new uq is a 0*) in my chameleon.

I should really post pics of both. Maybe I will come back and do that. I took advantage of the hexon wide coming in Moroccan blue and got the inside layer of my hammock that color with a black outer layer and it looks awesome. Especially with my new underquilt which also has a Moroccan blue inside (brown outside). This is part of what I love about our amazing cottage vendors, all the cool colors to choose from!! (Along with them just being amazing companies in a million other ways)

Coldcityely,

That's great feedback, particularly the info on the fit of your underquilt. I also have some UGQ Zeppelins, so I'm glad to hear that they fit the wide Chameleon!

Quote Originally Posted by Coldcityely View Post
    And also, my new normal width, 77 length UGQ zeppelin fits the wide just great. I don’t see a need to get a wide underquilt for my wide hammock. I can still stretch out and get a great comfortable lay while staying toasty (and I mean toasty, my new uq is a 0*) in my chameleon.

I should really post pics of both. Maybe I will come back and do that. I took advantage of the hexon wide coming in Moroccan blue and got the inside layer of my hammock that color with a black outer layer and it looks awesome. Especially with my new underquilt which also has a Moroccan blue inside (brown outside). This is part of what I love about our amazing cottage vendors, all the cool colors to choose from!! (Along with them just being amazing companies in a million other ways)
    Thank you for updating. I was wondering the same thing about the width. What fabric did you choose?

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123