WBBB RR DBL 1.1 / DIY Multicam SL
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip

Annual Nor’ Easta winter Hang. Jan. 26-28th 2018

THE ANNUAL NEHHA'S OFFICIAL NOR' EASTER WINTER HANG at THE CHESTERFIELD SCOUT RESERVATIONS (CSR), Jan 26-28, 2018

Once again we will be meeting at the Chesterfield Scout Reservation for good times, lots of laughs and, of course, amazing food. Hoping for this to be colder and whiter than last time but what the heck, we are going to have a good time anyways. We bumped back the dates to see if we can break our record of -5*. Here a hopin’

First of all the boring stuff.

The price structures for renting the property Is the same as last year which seemed to work out. We will be charging $10.00 a head. This will cover the costs for the rentals as well as 1/2 cord of hardwood like last year.

Secondly because of the nature of winter and per [url=http://www.wmascouting.org/camping/camp-rules.html"]camp rules, this will also be a dry hang. No Alcoholic beverages allowed. Beside the camp rules, we want to make this a safe and all welcoming good time for everyone. I know some of you don't agree and I am sorry for the changes to the policy. Having discussed it with several other original long time members we feel, that for the Official Hangs, this is going to stay in place for ALL NEHHA Winter hangs. All other smaller hangs will be determined by the hosting bodies. ***ANY QUESTIONS, CONCERNS OR SUGGESTIONS PLEASE PM ME TO DISCUSS***

Now getting that out of the way. Raiffnuke and I are getting together to start planning some of the great side activities. Some of the staples have been knot tying/splicing, fire starting/building, DIY stove building, possible Ice Fishing and random shenanigans. If there is something that you specifically want to have as a course or you would want to teach a course feel free to let us know. We are open to suggestions.

Now up for discussion, this is the 7th year that we have used the CSR for our hangs. How does everyone feel about for the charity that we make it to the Western Mass Scouting Council. These monies would be used for the scouting programs in Western Mass. Scholarships to scouts for summer camp and programs, funding for structures/activities in those camps. There are currently 26 Boy Scout troops, 24 Cub Scout Packs that contain roughly 2400 Boys.

Lastly, as we draw closer to the event I will be posting the final schedule of activities, Meals, and Directions. I will post up the sign-up sheets tomorrow. Can't wait to see everyone there.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...L2sN4504nP2IOg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Husband, Father, and Friend.
    Scout Master and Cub Master for Troop/Pack 705 of
    Chesterfield

Hammock
    Custom Darien 11'
    Tarp
    HG Cuben & Sil SF
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie&Dutch bkls
    I think Western Mass Scouting Council is a great idea.
    --
    John

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20 deg UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    webbing
    yes to the scouting council. Ice fishing sounds like fun. If we are lucky and have good snow, we could do some xc skiing.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip
    It is in Chesterfield. You can look for 22 Sugarhill Rd. Chesterfield Ma. 01012. That will get you the front of the camp. We will be camping nearer the DPW on Route 143.

Chesterfield

Hammock
    Draumr or Sierra Madre
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    lots of down
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Neos overboots unite! Can’t wait to see all the inductees into the cool kid club. Haha.
    If you promise a fire and a never ending vat of coffee/ hot water we will be a yes

Megan
    In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer. [Albert Camus]

Hammock
    WBBB; WBRR; WBXLC;HH Exped
    Tarp
    Superfly; JRB Ulti
    Insulation
    HG TQ&UQ; AHE; WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Images
    ===> Megan, this year I heard rumors that Raif wants to have a fire that can be seen from the Space Station, and Joe and Crystal now have a large canvas hot tent and will be providing IV Coffee infusions for the severely addicted (which is most of us!) The NEOSClan should be out in full force, hopefully!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie,Dutch
    [QUOTE=Joe and Crystal now have a large canvas hot tent and will be providing IV Coffee infusions for the severely addicted (which is most of us!) hopefully![/QUOTE]

Joe, Crystal and family were in PA last night heading for their new home in Wisconsin!! Someone else may have to do the Coffee tent

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip
    I have it on good authority that they will be making the voyage back to Massachusetts for that hang.

Chesterfield

Hammock
    Draumr or Sierra Madre
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    lots of down
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighthauk View Post
    I have it on good authority that they will be making the voyage back to Massachusetts for that hang.

Megan
    In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer. [Albert Camus]

Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    I am really hoping to make this hang. Icefishing sounds like a sweet idea! If I come and we have decent ice, I'll buy a MA fishing license and bring my auger and gear. My biggest wish for learning is KNIFE SHARPENING!!! With that rod type setup. I'm still shaving my arms with that knife of mine that Raif sharpened at the spring NEHHA hang! Wait, did I just type that? Lol!!

I am honestly a little nervous about the cold. I have been down to 14 degrees with my 3 season Wooki and 0 degree down bag. I now have a 0 degree Loco Libre so it shouldn't be much different. But that was no wind and walking outside from the house into my hammock and back in in the morning! I DO have the XLC now with the top cover though which is a little better I suspect. Maybe I need an under cover too?
    www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.mainechopstick.com (my other business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast