Quote Originally Posted by WhollyHamaca View Post
Do you sew, or know someone who would sew and fit one just for you? If so, you're in luck! Here is just one of MANY sites to get you inspired: https://www.makebra.com/product-category/bra-patterns/
Or search "make bra pattern" for several other DIY sites where you can design your own pattern to fit perfectly no matter what your measurements, and there are detailed step-by-step construction directions. Most of them also sell or suggest where to buy quality materials. The sewing is a bit fiddly, especially if you need serious support, but really not hard if you're patient and pay attention. Even if you never make one, I think it's interesting to see all that goes into a bra's design, fit, & construction. No wonder it's so hard to shop for a bra that fits, is comfortable, and lasts a while! Oh, and you want it to LOOK good too?!?! Hahaha!

I'm hard to fit and don't like to shop for clothes, shoes, or especially bras. I'm an aspie and can't tolerate wearing anything that doesn't feel good. For decades now I've been making most of my clothes and bras to get a custom fit in the style, fabrics, quality & colors I want. I started with a 1920's Singer sewing machine when I was about 14. Still have it -- it only does straight stitch, no zigzag so I had to learn about French seams and other classic techniques -- that old machine can sew everything from fine lace to boot leather! Now I mostly use a 1970's Bernina with just a few stitch patterns for stretch fabrics, seam finishing, buttonholes, hems. In the long run I find making my own is a lot more satisfying and a better use of my time than endless shopping and still not finding what I want or need -- that's so frustrating and I either end up buying nothing or else returning or donating most of what I bought. If I make my own I can work on it when I feel like it, and I can have exactly what I like and a custom fit at a price I can afford.

This sounds like a sales pitch for sewing your own bra. Not my intention; it's just another option that works for THIS hard-to-fit lady, and it's as close to having a fairy godmother with a magic wand as I'm likely to get. Bippity-boppity-boo(bs)!
You know I never thought about looking for diy bra patterns...now you have me thinking!

And I am also drooling at the thought of a 1920s singer and a Bernina of any age!