Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Might have to a flag made for The Terminator
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    My own design
    Tarp
    Made myself
    Insulation
    The one I made
    Suspension
    Yup, made ‘em
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    Might have to a flag made for The Terminator
    If you do, share the specs because I’m going to want to jump on that train.
    I sew things on youtube.
    I don’t sew on commission, so please don’t ask. Thanks.

Hammock
    DIY Dbl lyr HyperD
    Tarp
    DIY Membrane Hex
    Insulation
    DIY EE 850fp Quilt
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jellyfish View Post
    I can’t believe I am sharing this, but here we go:
    Conventional undergarments must be removed before entering the hammock for comfort reasons, especially because of wires.
    What do you do with it?
    I wear a sports bra to hike in. I carry a second one to sleep in. Either I hang my sports bra from my tarp ridgeline or I place it in my bugnet pocket to dry and air out.
    --
    moniquews

Adults are obsolete children. ~Dr. Seuss

Hammock
    DIY ROBIC
    Tarp
    OES MacCat SilPoly
    Insulation
    down bag, Klymit
    Suspension
    Kevlar+Str.Anchors
    Still loving the Red Bra logo!

Got an Icebreaker wool sports bra a few weeks ago and am loving it. It's the Sprite Racerback style. Very comfortable, but not all that supportive. Works OK for me but would not be the best for more high-impact stuff. Might also try the more structured Cool-Lite Meld Zone.
    https://www.icebreaker.com/en/womens...ss&prefv1=Bras

I have gone on 3-4 day bikepacking trips where I only brought (wore) one bra and just left it on all the time -- that's mainly what I wanted this for. So far it breathes well enough that it doesn't remain damp for long after I stop doing whatever activity.

As far as airing out -- I have successfully dried damp socks and underthings by hanging on the ridgeline, over the bugnet but inside the tarp. Seems like there's just enough warmth and air circulation to have some drying action, but no condensation. Obviously conditions will cause the success rate of this strategy to vary considerably.

Hammock
    Gathered end from Hammock Gear
    Tarp
    DIY 12' extra wide
    Insulation
    DIY Goose down
    Suspension
    Superior Gear
    Images
    When hiking or hammock camping I wear a workout tank top with built in soft bra as my undergarment. When sleeping- I am naked to make the most of the goose down properties (especially in winter). When I need to get dressed, I can pull the tank on while in the hammock so no one gets a peek of the ladies.
    AmazonQueen

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 double
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Images
    If it's warm, I'm generally not wearing a bra. Not a lot of need. And if I am wearing one, it wouldn't have a wire.

Hammock
    BBXLC / sparrow
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    wooki/burrow/
    Suspension
    straps
    i have no choice but to wear a bra during the day and no choice but to sleep without it. i either pile my clothes under my hammock or hang on my ridgeline. i DARE anyone to make a big deal out of the idea that i wear clothing appropriate for my body.

Hammock
    Juniper or Walhalla
    Tarp
    Trailheadz winter
    Insulation
    20° Etherial
    Suspension
    Straps/Breeze buck
    So, I have just found this thread and i love it!
    I am way too well endowed for a sports bra. I cant stand the girls being squished together. They have to hang separately and if they touch they end up fighting and I end up fighting an angry rash. So I end up sticking with a worn out version of my normal underwire daily use bra.

I throw it over the ridgeline, but at the Yates camp out I found out the hard way that colder temps = a really not fun time putting on the freezing cold bra.

I also found out on my first overnight hike that the underwire vs the straps of my pack dont get along well. I had blisters from the wires being jammed against my skin.

I sized out at a 44g or she said possibly h when I went for a fitting....not an easy size to find without ordering online, and I dont trust that cause you just never know if the sizes are true fits.

I wish I had the creativity to design the perfect bra for big busted gals!

Hammock
    long and wide
    Tarp
    big green diy
    Insulation
    faux baffled CDTs
    Suspension
    wing and prayer
    Quote Originally Posted by Smckinney0031 View Post
    I wish I had the creativity to design the perfect bra for big busted gals!
    Do you sew, or know someone who would sew and fit one just for you? If so, you're in luck! Here is just one of MANY sites to get you inspired: https://www.makebra.com/product-category/bra-patterns/
    Or search "make bra pattern" for several other DIY sites where you can design your own pattern to fit perfectly no matter what your measurements, and there are detailed step-by-step construction directions. Most of them also sell or suggest where to buy quality materials. The sewing is a bit fiddly, especially if you need serious support, but really not hard if you're patient and pay attention. Even if you never make one, I think it's interesting to see all that goes into a bra's design, fit, & construction. No wonder it's so hard to shop for a bra that fits, is comfortable, and lasts a while! Oh, and you want it to LOOK good too?!?! Hahaha!

I'm hard to fit and don't like to shop for clothes, shoes, or especially bras. I'm an aspie and can't tolerate wearing anything that doesn't feel good. For decades now I've been making most of my clothes and bras to get a custom fit in the style, fabrics, quality & colors I want. I started with a 1920's Singer sewing machine when I was about 14. Still have it -- it only does straight stitch, no zigzag so I had to learn about French seams and other classic techniques -- that old machine can sew everything from fine lace to boot leather! Now I mostly use a 1970's Bernina with just a few stitch patterns for stretch fabrics, seam finishing, buttonholes, hems. In the long run I find making my own is a lot more satisfying and a better use of my time than endless shopping and still not finding what I want or need -- that's so frustrating and I either end up buying nothing or else returning or donating most of what I bought. If I make my own I can work on it when I feel like it, and I can have exactly what I like and a custom fit at a price I can afford. AND I can proudly display it on my ridgeline!

This sounds like a sales pitch for sewing your own bra. Not my intention; it's just another option that works for THIS hard-to-fit lady, and it's as close to having a fairy godmother with a magic wand as I'm likely to get. Bippity-boppity-boo(bs)!
    Last edited by WhollyHamaca; 12-10-2019 at 11:05.

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast