Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY (Olive Oyl)
    Insulation
    [allergic to down]
    Images
    I can't sleep in a bra -- ugh!
    If I feel like hanging it on the ridgeline is too public, I just pull my arms out and leave it around my neck (sports bra). Easy to put on again in the morn, too! Not sure how to do that with one that unhooks.

Hammock
    11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by P-Dub View Post
    If I feel like hanging it on the ridgeline is too public.
    Somehow I find this hilarious as I see women hiking in only a bra!

Now, I want to change the narrative and purposely hang my bra in a totally noticeable place. I'll proclaim "I have breasts that need a bra and I air the bra out at night! I am not embarrassed, but you should be afraid at my level of self comfort for I might just also fart in your presence!"
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 97 months

Hammock
    My own design
    Tarp
    Made myself
    Insulation
    The one I made
    Suspension
    Yup, made ‘em
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Karla "with a k" View Post

Now, I want to change the narrative and purposely hang my bra in a totally noticeable place. I'll proclaim "I have breasts that need a bra and I air the bra out at night! I am not embarrassed, but you should be afraid at my level of self comfort for I might just also fart in your presence!"
    I really want to go camping with you.
    I sew things on youtube.
    I don’t sew on commission, so please don’t ask. Thanks.

Me too....

There's a bra I ended up getting when I had my heart surgery --- found it to be really comfortable and actually able to sleep with it on although I prefer not to --- It's a Wacoal, so not cheap...and have to order online.... the item # is 852247.
    I'm kind of droopy, so I have to wear a bra in public most times - especially hiking. However, sleeping at night and having to hit the head in the middle of the night - it is what it is.... I ain't putting the bra on for that.

And...even tho I've only been out a few times with other people, my need for modesty is declining. I will make every effort to not expose myself while putting the darn thing on in the morning, but if someone catches a glimpse of a boob - well...they'll just have to deal with it.

Hammock
    DIY Double Layer Hexon
    Tarp
    DIY Sil-Nylon
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I've done all of the above, including sleeping in my underwire bra (super uncomfortable!) but I prefer to just take off my bra and stow it in my dry bag, which seems to be working at the moment. I did find a great wireless bra at the dollar general that I will sleep in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "We are all stories in the end--just make it a good one."

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    LL-40/HG 0
    Suspension
    Becket hitch!
    First off I love camping with Karla, plus it seems that the guys in our group don't care either.

For me I usually have two sports bras, my high impact one is like neon yellow and you better believe I hang that puppy out to dry, were ever I need to. I was asked once when I was with a friend in a camp ground if I could hang it some place were it really couldn't be seen since the neighbors found it embarrassing, but yet my bikini top hanging next to it wasn't a problem for them. Well if ya would know me ya know I hung it up in a more visible area. I have boobs I am not afraid of them and I will not hide the fact that I need to wear a bra... but back on topic lol. I usually try to use a disposable wash cloth (basically a thicker wet wipe) to wipe off as much of the days grim as I can before I put a nice soft purple sports bra on to sleep in. If I don't i feel like my boobs are falling up onto my throat, I've also rolled over and pinned one when I wasn't wearing a bra so I always am wearing one.

I also am not shy, if I need to change I will change right in front of everyone. My philosphy is we all have the same parts just some are bigger then others, and if you don't like it you can turn and look the other direction. The only time I am reserved is when I am in a camp ground and could face lawful action if I change in the open.... why hide the beautiful bodies we were given, why treat them like they need to be covered at all times.... embrace the human body.....
    To only step where others have stepped means not to have your own adventures. Live, Love, and Adventure so you may leave your own foot prints!

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY (Olive Oyl)
    Insulation
    [allergic to down]
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Karla "with a k" View Post

Yes I agree with you! On my 2+week canoe-camping trips I don't even take a bra anymore. I don't care. It's in "close quarters" "public" campgrounds when I get hinky about obnoxious men...

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 97 months

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by jellyfish View Post
    I really want to go camping with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigglet View Post
    Me too....
    Meet me this weekend for the Packer/ Bear hang!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast