DIY Xen Sil winter
    Insulation
    WB Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    I'm baack!
    Attachment 157082

seriously though, hammock engineering has come to a bit of a stall owing to our letting the apartment which the sewing room out to the daughter of a family friend to help her adjust to being 'away from home' for a year before she heads off to teach English in Korea! That and spending a tremendous amount of time traveling.... I'm musing on a reprise of a video on hammock suspension, a summary for new comers. We'll see.

Now back to my rabbit hole...
    Good to see you sir! I copied your Ariel and didn't attract your commentary - lol bing that hammock so far! Have fun in your travels!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.”

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post
    Good to see you sir! I copied your Ariel and didn't attract your commentary - lol bing that hammock so far! Have fun in your travels! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry 'bout that. I drop a lot of balls in the back and forth to Singapore. 24-30 hours of travel each way for a week of work, which translates into a couple of weeks of jet-lag, here and there, and then time to start it all again!

Ought to have an 'Ariel' hang some day <grin>

cheers
    Grizz
    (alias ProfessorHammock on youtube)

Senior Member Tyroler Holzhacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow/SL Darien
    Tarp
    MacCat/WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    LL/JRB/DIY down
    Suspension
    MSH/Whoopies/strps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogollon Monster View Post
    I'd go straight to a Warbonnet, Dream, Dutch, or Simply Light Designs hammock (there are others, but I can't think of them right now). We have all messed around with the ENOs, Hennesseys and the like. Save your time and money and just get the good stuff. You won't be sorry.
    +1 on this advice...Amen brotha!

Senior Member Tyroler Holzhacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow/SL Darien
    Tarp
    MacCat/WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    LL/JRB/DIY down
    Suspension
    MSH/Whoopies/strps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    Sorry 'bout that. I drop a lot of balls in the back and forth to Singapore. 24-30 hours of travel each way for a week of work, which translates into a couple of weeks of jet-lag, here and there, and then time to start it all again!

Ought to have an 'Ariel' hang some day <grin>

cheers
    Hope you had a chance to stay in that Huge Modern Hotel with the 1000 foot long roof platform 57 stories over the ground!

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyroler Holzhacker View Post
    Hope you had a chance to stay in that Huge Modern Hotel with the 1000 foot long roof platform 57 stories over the ground!
    Ha! I wish. That's the Marina Bay Sands, the top of which has the 'Infinity pool'.
    marina-bay-sands-view.jpginfinity-pool.jpg
    Grizz
    (alias ProfessorHammock on youtube)

To the OP, I like my ENO double nest. I can't imagine anything easier than wrap an Atlas strap around the tree and attach the carabiner. My daughter found a $15.00 at Walmart and the grandkids loved it. Cottage industry is fine for a better hammock, but if you want something today the Magellan may well be a quick option. I had bad experience with a Magellan tent. Academy does not allow bad reviews-"does not meet the criteria"!
    You can spend a lot of money or a little and hang in a hammock. Come on folks this is supposed to be a way to relax in the outdoors.
    Opinionated as hell Bob

Hammock
    DW Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    Kelty Noahs 12
    Insulation
    HG Econ Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Hi I'm new and have a couple of questions

I upgraded my eno dn to a Dutchware netless and couldnt be happier, also i think i paid 42 which included the double ended stuff sack which is miles better than the eno sack. I made my own continuous loops but i think for under 60 you can get them included and a pair of tree straps as well and way cheaper than an eno. it may not be in your hand that day but 3-5 days is worth it for a superior product. I have not tried the other cottage vendors but from what ive heard you cant go wrong with any of them.
    Fwiw im not selling my eno dn and still find it comfortable, just a little short for me at 6'

Hammock
    Dutch 11ft, wide
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah's 12
    Insulation
    LLCayenne/Jalapeno
    Suspension
    webbing j-bend
    I started with a DIY that was comparable to an ENO, and got bitten by the bug. I went Dutchware and couldn't be happier, its amazing how comfortable an 11ft wide hammock is. I think some parts like continuous loops and ridgelines, etc. are great projects for DIY if you like that sort of thing but don't have the time to spend working on a bigger project like a hammock/bugnet/tarp. Very rewarding, but I typically find I don't have the time to do these projects.

Best way to get into it is to just take the plunge and start seeing what works for you personally!
    hang well

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123