Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hey, we're out of bacon and other stories from the Nov 2-5, 2017 Gluttony Hang

The title says it all. We admit with a heavy heart that we actually ran out of bacon at this years Gluttony Hang. It even happened on Saturday, after spending 3 (and soon to be 4) days gorging ourselves on a variety of food and enjoying quality time with new and old friends around the campfire. But, I'm getting ahead of myself...

Mother Nature threw everything she had at us, with rain, snow and sleet throughout the long weekend, with temps ranging from 28 to 45 degrees. Turnout was a bit light, but for those of us who braved the weather, we were treated to a menu that included jambalaya from Majortom and Nancy, sausage and peppers, bacon, steak, pork tenderloin by Christo, endless coffee (thank you Donk) chili (and a variety of other food brought by Gregori on his first group hang), craft beer created by AndrewB. TZBrown and Ann brought lasagna and kept us entertained with tales from the trail. I can't remember everything that was brought and ate, but special thanks to Turkey & Squirrelbait for organizing and arranging the use of the property. Turkey also let us break in his new 2 burner cooking and kitchen setup. Another special thanks to Christo and his tractor (aka Jeep Wrangler) in making wood gathering easy by hauling out 40 foot sections of trees for the massive firepit created by Turkey. The Pantologist was there tempting us with his vegan dishes while we tempted him with our carnivorous ways. Dirk joined us for the afternoon and made nachos in the Dutch oven...Gargoyle took on the role of the Maple King's long lost brother, the Pumpkin King, complete with flashing Halloween Hat (I hope someone got a picture of it).

More of the sordid details coming soon. Post your stories and photos here. Meanwhile, here's a link to some of my photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/sZEQ5iUe7FVHNNH33
    Last edited by michigandave; 11-05-2017 at 21:19.

• + New Posts