Quote Originally Posted by Peaseblossom View Post
I got my Half-Zipped today, too. Hexon 1.6 Wide in Brilliant Blue. I’ve been wanting to try a wide hammock, and when Dutch put the Half-Zip on sale, decided it was a good way to try both the different width and a new hammock style.

So I found out quickly that the only place I can hang in my yard—between a tree and a corner fence post—won’t work for a wide hammock, as I need to shift my suspension up a lot higher than the space allows. Bummer. I did get in it—and my butt was maybe a half inch off the ground. But I could tell despite the pathetic hang that I’m really going to like the Half-Zipped (jury is still out on the wide until I can get a proper hang). I also have a Chameleon, which I love, but I think I’m going to like having the bug net permanently attached with the Half-Zipped. And what I really liked in just the few minutes I spent in it, is that it didn’t try to eat my hair! In my Chameleon, unless I have the net or cover fully zipped on, the zipper or the quilt hooks snag on my hair and it’s pretty annoying. In the Half-Zipped, I found myself automatically laying with my head against the non zippered side and noticed immediately I didn’t have to worry about snagging my hair if I shifted my head. Bliss. I know it sounds like a dumb little thing, but it’s something I noticed and loved right away. And it’s a gorgeous hammock—love the blue—and I think it’s the perfect balance between all the features of the Chameleon and the simplicity of the Dutch netless. I think I’d be very interested in a 4 season version with a top cover also attached (kinda like tents have the screen door and the outer door). If you’re not too worried about weight, it would be nice to have the convenience of both covers ready to deploy.

So now I just need a Tato stand or some inside hardware so I can hang it properly and give it a full test. Yet another Dutchware order in the works.
I thought this was an asymmetric hammock, head left, feet right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro