Hammock
    Clark TX 250
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    straps
    All Clark hammocks I have owned come with a loop at the head end specifically designed to grab and pull yourself back up when you slide to the middle. Just one of many little nuances, like the pocket near the head on the left side designed and advertised specifically for a (forbidden subject matter) built into all Clark Hammocks.

Senior Member Theguywitheyebrows's Avatar
    Hammock
    DUTCHWARE HEXON 1.0
    Tarp
    GoldenEagle Tarp
    Insulation
    New River/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    J-bend on straps
    Images
    i use a few loops of shock cord, klemheist'd so that they face inwards towards each other. i might tie a shemagh between them for a lil tiny hammock for stuffs if i need it, i use two setup the same right at the ends of my structural ridgeline up near the peaks to thread my UQ suspension through, over the ridgeline, to keep it up against me more effectively. i also have an organizer i built with a couple pockets on each side for a small fire kit and a 15' length of amsteel blue for who knows what lol. i dig the handloops for readjusting yourself in the hammock, but why go through all that trouble when a hunk of webbing looped over could do the same thing? i could tie the tail end of my tree strap (after the J-Bend is completed, there is usually plenty of strap left over) and dangle it into the head end of my hammock and its work just as well.
    J-Bend HERE -> http://youtu.be/Rk-P-MVnMPk
    J. Garcia
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug Emery
    "The only thing perfect in this hammock world is the sleep" @ 6:52 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HHncxp_SvA

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    I thought about the "hand hold" when I was trying to find a way to exit my T.Bird. I decided pulling up higher in the hammock was NOT a issue. My problem was the bucket effect. When sitting up my fanny is too low, my feet do not touch the ground. My shoulders are not suitable to pushing myself up & out. Meaning the hand hold in my situation is not helpful. Moving the length of the hammock is not a issue, exiting is.

I tether my pillow and a spare light at the head of my T.Bird, works great. I am thinking about stashing a Buff there as well, just incase I need one. Hats,caps, any head covering is my last resort to staying warm. I hate head coverings.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Raven D/L
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    0 and 30 Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    I've added both gear loops as well as the hand loop on the head end for my Dream Hammock order. Figured I'd rather have it and not use it than not have it and need it!

Hammock
    WBBB, DH Hybird, TL
    Tarp
    Superfly, WD, TH
    Insulation
    HG Incub/Burrow
    Suspension
    web / buckles
    I've had the Hand Loops on all of my Dream Hammocks and find them useful. It's great for pulling you closer to the head end, as intended. I find it's also a handy attachment point for anything I want stored close by, just above my head. I've looped my headlamp and hat up there as well as a tether for my pillow. No real reason not to have one.

Hammock
    DH Raven/SLD Trail lair
    Tarp
    UGQ WD/SLD Asym
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DutchBuckle &Sling
    wow, now i want hand loops added to my raven. brilliant idea.
    When the wife asks, I simply say "Shug made me do it".

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Dynema webbing
    Minor thread necro but I figured I'd keep it all in the right place. If I wanted to add these to a different hammock I'd just thread them through the gathered end and loop the small loop over my continuous loops at the ends? Seems to be the case but I didn't wanna tear my Sparrow apart to confirm.

Senior Member Tyroler Holzhacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow/SL Darien
    Tarp
    MacCat/WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    LL/JRB/DIY down
    Suspension
    MSH/Whoopies/strps
    Images
    I ordered a hand loop for the head end and a gear loop for the tail end of my Sparrow hammock #5202. I find them worth the slight weight they add to the hammock although gram counters might object.

Senior Member Theguywitheyebrows's Avatar
    Hammock
    DUTCHWARE HEXON 1.0
    Tarp
    GoldenEagle Tarp
    Insulation
    New River/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    J-bend on straps
    Images
    i put klemheist and prussic loops everywhere for everything: tiny shock cord klemheists on the SRL for deeper-into-the-hammock UQ attachment points, braided paracord prussics from my hammock stand (post ACL replacement) to help get me up out of the hammock, a tiny shock cord prussic for my pillow attachment....loops are awesome.
    J-Bend HERE -> http://youtu.be/Rk-P-MVnMPk
    J. Garcia
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug Emery
    "The only thing perfect in this hammock world is the sleep" @ 6:52 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HHncxp_SvA

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    I have both, a gear loop/hand pull @ the head end, and a peak bag @ the other, on my DH Freebird.

The loop and hand pull are fantastic. I use it nearly every time I use the hammock(which is every night). The Peak Bag on the foot end is ok, but the Peak Shelf looks to be the better option IMO.

I too have the DH Gear Sling and it is a fantastic 5 dollar upgrade to the mesh RL Organizer.

I'll review the Freebird after a trip next week. At this point it is the most comfortable kit I've had a chance to own. I'd do a few things a bit different next time, but I really like it. Thanks Randy and all the Smurfs!

Rolloff
    Signature suspended

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast