Tarp
    Hinterland gear
    Insulation
    down bag
    Suspension
    strap & E.T.'s
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Smb82 View Post
    Got at REI for like 30 cents a foot, i dont really notice the weight but im not ul. It probobly makes minimal differance on the tree but i think it looks more reassuring.
    I don't see how running the zing-it thru the tubular webbing will make any significant impact on the effective diameter of the line, it may "look more reassuring" as you say but if you're going to go thru the trouble of carrying it around why not use it to it's fullest potential and apply the tarp webbing the same way you would your hammock webbing? I don't mean to sound overly critical because I don't use webbing for my tarp, but you're already half way there, why not go all the way?
    Good luck,
    RED

My Youtube Channel

Deep peace of the running wave to you.
    Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
    Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
    Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace without end to you.
    adapted from - ancient gaelic runes

Hammock
    DW Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    Kelty Noahs 12
    Insulation
    HG Econ Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Redoleary View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smb82 View Post
    Got at REI for like 30 cents a foot, i dont really notice the weight but im not ul. It probobly makes minimal differance on the tree but i think it looks more reassuring.
    I don't see how running the zing-it thru the tubular webbing will make any significant impact on the effective diameter of the line, it may "look more reassuring" as you say but if you're going to go thru the trouble of carrying it around why not use it to it's fullest potential and apply the tarp webbing the same way you would your hammock webbing? I don't mean to sound overly critical because I don't use webbing for my tarp, but you're already half way there, why not go all the way?
    I get what you are saying and i thaught about using tree straps for the tarp but i am not ready to give up the V and adjustability of my current setup. I have used this on trees in my backyard for months without noticing any damage, while the zingit alone was getting hooked on and pulling off bark at times. I plan on ordering more straps to test just havent gotten around to it yet. I have also though about burrying the zingit through 1/8 amsteel under the tubular webbing to distribute the pressure more but again have not had a chance to test. Im going out next weekend and if i have dry weather i may try some things out.

Hammock
    HH Expedition
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    HG 40 degree
    Suspension
    HH w/ garda hitch
    I use straps for my tarp just because in the county I live in, no rope around trees is permitted. So to stay "legal" with park rules I use straps. No big deal and trees love me for it.
    I am not sure about state parks or federal land, most of the time I am on county property. I had to send one pictures of my rig set up in order to get a permit when they found I was a hammock camper, crazy.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12