Custom Darien 11'
    Tarp
    HG Cuben & Sil SF
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie&Dutch bkls

NH > Alexandria, NH > Oct 20-22, 2017 > Great Pumpkin Hang

I just wanted to say thank you to Cindy and Eliot for hosting this event again. I'd also like to thank everyone that showed up and made this another amazing weekend. I didn't take many pics but I'll try to post a few this week. As always the food and company were fantastic.
    Last edited by R3l@x; 10-23-2017 at 13:46.
    --
    John

Hammock
    Townsend Bridge
    Tarp
    Homemade Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ TR Pad
    Suspension
    Dogbones-Mule Tape

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG hex, WBSF
    Insulation
    HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Beetle
    Images
    I always enjoy the GPH but this one was the best. I had a great time. Thanks John for organizing. Cindy and Elliot for hosting , John #2 for sticking with me at half speed due to knee damage and all other friends old and new !!! (Knee is back to normal)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG hex, WBSF
    Insulation
    HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Beetle
    Images
    If you use Facebook be sure to check out the North East Hangers group. More pictures and info.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/183667758449902/

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    T: HG; U: WB Lynx
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    What a great hang! Many thanks to Cindy and Eliot for hosting as always; it's such a pleasure to hang on your beautiful land. The other usual thanks:

- Thanks to John (R3l@x) for basically being the savior of the SkyClan at every single hang. From always helping us get our hammocks set up, to hauling our gear around for us, to being our hiking tour guide and running back to make sure my mom's still in the woods where she made us abandon her, much to my discomfort You've been such an asset to us, as well as always being great company, and we can't thank you enough!
    - Thanks to Rick and Margaret for accompanying us on the more leisurely hike, as well as being our chauffeur to the AMC Lodge (riding in the bed of the pickup truck was so much fun!!) and making my mom feel comfortable on the hike even though she couldn't move very quickly. I know she really appreciated it!
    - Thanks to Alex (Gogrillz) for gutting the pumpkins so we could continue to carve them and light them on fire
    - Thanks to Ted for making your famous pumpkin crack - oh my goodness, it is soooo good.
    - Thanks to Alex (A-Train) and John (Boyscout) for generously lending your gear to keep my parents warm when my dad inevitably forgot things at our storage bin cause he was rushing to pack
    - Thanks to Eric for being so helpful with carrying our gear and making sure my mom got up and down the stairs to the grove safely.
    - Thanks to Stacy and John (Boyscout) for offering your company and hospitality when we come to Northampton for my tattoo appointments!
    - Thanks to Dennis for being hilarious. I had to tell the Steve story to my dad again when we got home, it was so funny!

You are all the epitome of what we talk about when we describe the Hammock Forums community to others: so welcoming, generous, kindhearted, and fun! We are lucky to know all of you!! And to all others who attended, new and old, it was so good to hang with you (again)! I took soooo many pictures this time, so they'll be up as soon as I go through them.
    Ewok: Mischievous but cute, and deep down just really likes to help people.

Alison, daughter of Chaaaz (SkyPainter) AKA Coolest Dad Ever.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    HG Standard CF
    Insulation
    HG Pheonix & Burro
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Thanks for a great weekend

Hi Everyone,

I want to thank Cindy and Eliot for their wonderful hospitality this weekend! And, I'd like to thank everyone for welcoming Laura and helping make her first hammock camping experience a very positive one! Special thanks to Pete (Rusty Turtle) for loaning us some of his gear so we could both hang together.

Several of you requested the vegan meatloaf recipe. Here is the basic recipe from Laura's Pinterest account

We made a couple modifications. We increased the amount of garlic. And we topped it with some Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce. Laura asked me to warn all of you that SBR is NOT healthy. It's loaded with high fructose corn syrup.

Laura prepped the loaf at home. I baked it for one hour in a 10" Dutch oven using 7 coals beneath and 14 coals on top to get 350 Degrees.

If anyone wants to learn more about our whole food plant-based diet, I suggest watching the film "Forks Over Knives" You can simply search for it on Google.

1960HikerDude.com

“Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.” ― Jack Kerouac

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow Dragon
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    Dutch Woppie Hooks
    I as everyone else would like to thank Cindy And Elliot for their hospitality and hosting this awesome event. Their property is truly breathtaking and worth the goat climb getting their.

The weather was just great, not too cold at all (for me), and the musical sound of the water flowing was as soothing as a mother's lullaby, even the hard owls joined in harmony. It was great, really great.

As for photos, I only took a few of my setup as I had a little trouble getting around (turned my ankle on the way down, note to self, don't step in leaves).

It was great to see old friends and make new ones. Thanks to Eric for helping with hauling stuff back and forth.

Looking forward to next time.

I am hoping to make the next group hang in January too.

Oh, and keeping an eye out for "COOKING WITH THE REAL IRON CHEFS"...

Hammock
    WBBB; WBRR; WBXLC;HH Exped
    Tarp
    Superfly; JRB Ulti
    Insulation
    HG TQ&UQ; AHE; WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Images

Test Post - NEW HF app!

The Hammock Forums app I had disappeared from my phone overnight, so I downloaded a new - and different! - one from the Google Play store just now! Testing a post, and will try to figure-out hiw to post pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Live Purposefully; Dare Greatly; Land Gently

If you're going to do something wrong, go for it! - Beryl G.

"Never knock on Death's door - just ring the bell and run. He hates that!"

Hammock
    WBBB; WBRR; WBXLC;HH Exped
    Tarp
    Superfly; JRB Ulti
    Insulation
    HG TQ&UQ; AHE; WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Images

Test Post

Try a pic again:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Live Purposefully; Dare Greatly; Land Gently

If you're going to do something wrong, go for it! - Beryl G.

"Never knock on Death's door - just ring the bell and run. He hates that!"

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast