Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images

I've tried Tatos and soft shackles are there any better options for CRL's?

Guys,

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    Hey TS, I happen to think so. My setup is very simple with one piece of hardware- Dutch Fleaz- and no knots. Basically it's this: On my tarp, I have one soft shackle and one continuous loop that has the Fleaz spliced to it on either end for my ridgeline tie-outs. I use a 30' piece of Zing-it with an fixed eye spliced in one end for the ridgeline itself. I attach the fixed eye to the soft shackle, run the line around the tree on that end, then back over or under the tarp to the tree on the other end (based on situation and preference). Once I go around the other tree then it's back to the Fleaz, where I make my adjustments and final attachment.

Once it's all set up it's even easier when I have my tarp skinned, I never have to take my RL off my tarp.

This method is similar to Derek Hanson's "Deep V" method. The V's formed by the line going around the trees keep the tarp ridgeline from interfering with the hammock suspension.

If you're interested I made a video showing how I set it up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ-lqQTSjnM&t=118s

The first 2 minutes or so show the ridgeline. Good luck finding what works best for you!

Hammock
    DIY 1.7MTN
    Tarp
    HG Camo DCF Palace
    Insulation
    Incubator/Alsek
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    Guys,
    These! My LT175 line tensioners. Working on getting a website up for online availability, but until then you can email me at [email protected].

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Countrybois; 10-23-2017 at 01:52.

Need Adventure...Make Adventure

Hammock
    WB--Dutch-Clark-Amok
    Tarp
    WB-CC-UGQ-Amok
    Insulation
    Down and Synthetic
    Suspension
    CL/Becket~LA/ 7/64
    I use (home made CL's) with toggles attached to my CLR similar to the UGQ set up. The toggles go through the split rings of the tarp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=NIilwYJkoTM Toggles @ 3:44

http://www.animatedknots.com/klemheist/index.php
    Livin’ Large ~ Horizontally

Hammock
    Chameleon clone
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Suspension
    WB Cinch Buckles
    Images
    I use the smallest size s-biners attached via prusiks. Cheap and very easy to operate. Nowhere near as strong as ti-bling or dyneema soft-shackles, but I actually like that the s-biners would probably fail before my tarp does.

IMG_2130.jpg
    "Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." -Mark Twain

Formerly octothorpesarus mudsocks's Avatar
    Images
    Frankly I would be surprised to find a better solution than the soft shackle/prusik combo:

https://ulweekendwarrior.files.wordp...9/img_4322.jpg

(not my image, but I use very similar setup.)

It's light, inexpensive, holds tight, DIY, what's not to love?

Hammock
    Hybrid 1.7 GE, Happy Medium Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Winter
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    All of them! Ugh.
    Images
    Search for mini-ucr's.

Hammock
    11 Ft Dutch Hexon 1.0 Sidezip
    Tarp
    12 ft HG Quest
    Insulation
    3/4 Phoenix20
    Suspension
    Spiderpolybeetles
    Quote Originally Posted by johnspenn View Post
    Hey TS, I happen to think so. My setup is very simple with one piece of hardware- Dutch Fleaz- and no knots. Basically it's this: On my tarp, I have one soft shackle and one continuous loop that has the Fleaz spliced to it on either end for my ridgeline tie-outs. I use a 30' piece of Zing-it with an fixed eye spliced in one end for the ridgeline itself. I attach the fixed eye to the soft shackle, run the line around the tree on that end, then back over or under the tarp to the tree on the other end (based on situation and preference). Once I go around the other tree then it's back to the Fleaz, where I make my adjustments and final attachment.

Once it's all set up it's even easier when I have my tarp skinned, I never have to take my RL off my tarp.

This method is similar to Derek Hanson's "Deep V" method. The V's formed by the line going around the trees keep the tarp ridgeline from interfering with the hammock suspension.

If you're interested I made a video showing how I set it up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ-lqQTSjnM&t=118s

The first 2 minutes or so show the ridgeline. Good luck finding what works best for you!
    Man,that's a slick set up! Not exactly sure how you got the tarp to slide back and forth by pulling on just one end though.I've always had to put up the ridge and then manually slide my prussiks manually etc.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I got rid of prusiks because they kept slipping. My first tarp suspension was a single piece ridgeline made from 2.2mm Lash-It with softshackle prusiks made from 1.75mm Lash-It. When I started running the ridgline over the tarp (due to problems with rain running under the tarp), it was difficult to get the tarp tight. And once I pulled the guy lines tight, the prusiks on the ridgeline slipped incrementally. I solved this problem by switching to Stingerz and a split ridgeline. But you can build a continuous ridgeline with Dutch Hardware, too. You get a better mechanical advantage and it's easier to get the tarp tight. And I have never had anything slip again with Dutchware.

Here is one example of using Dutch hardware with a CRL:

https://i1.wp.com/theultimatehang.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2012/11/continuous-ridgeline-dutch-hook1.png

You could also use Stingerz or Fleaz instead of the Flyz.

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Five Tango View Post
    Man,that's a slick set up! Not exactly sure how you got the tarp to slide back and forth by pulling on just one end though.I've always had to put up the ridge and then manually slide my prussiks manually etc.
    Hey FiveT, check out Derek Hanson's video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-IkTg4z6UY

The principle is the same, just different hardware.

Also, the illustration hutzelbein posted is the same idea, with the addition of a Dutch hook, in place of using a soft shackle on that end. That would make it a little easier, but require and additional piece of hardware.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast