Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition
    Insulation
    Potomac 3S UQ
    I didn't know it would go on sale in January. Thank you!!

You keep your entire hammock attached to the outside of your pack? Could I see a pic please? Thanks.

My pack is quite large for my needs. I think I might be able to fit it all inside.

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition
    Insulation
    Potomac 3S UQ
    I will research this option. Thanks!

Hammock
    Argon 11 ft or HH BKUL
    Tarp
    Asym DIY Pole Mod
    Insulation
    DIY, Jarbrige,HHSS
    Suspension
    Lashings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by amibrain View Post
    I didn't know it would go on sale in January. Thank you!!

You keep your entire hammock attached to the outside of your pack? Could I see a pic please? Thanks.

My pack is quite large for my needs. I think I might be able to fit it all inside.
    I use a external frame backpack - the hammock/SS/TQ just gets rolled up (foot end first to keep the entry slit inside the roll), the head end suspension line wraps around this roll to keep it together, and the tree huggers are used to tie it to the metal pack frame. It is light weight but bulky

I can take a picture, but you have an internal frame pack.

Can anyone with an internal frame pack chime in as to how you carry the HH SuperShelter (and the size of pack needed).

FYI - Hennessy has a sale at the end of the season (Sept/Oct) to get rid of their Demo stuff, then another sale in January. Several years ago I got a SS for $99 and free shipping. Then there is always HF (Wanted to Buy) and ebay. Just make sure you get the correct one.
    I've always had drafts when using the Jarbridge alone with the HH hammock - not using the hammock tie outs helps. Using the SS solves this completely.

The SS is good to about 40F for me, then I'll add insulation to it - by adding the $100 3/4 UQ (Jarbridge) I have been very comfortable at 20F.
    Last edited by oldpappy; 11-20-2017 at 08:50.
    Enjoying the simple things in life -
    Own less, live more.

Hammock
    WBBB/HH UL Backpacker
    Suspension
    Ti cinch buckles
    If he was interested in the SuperShelter I hope he saw they went for 50% off in Feb. I snagged one — $70 was a great deal for such a flexible system. Been waiting for cooler temps to test. Maybe next week.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by oldpappy View Post
    I use a external frame backpack - the hammock/SS/TQ just gets rolled up (foot end first to keep the entry slit inside the roll), the head end suspension line wraps around this roll to keep it together, and the tree huggers are used to tie it to the metal pack frame. It is light weight but bulky

I can take a picture, but you have an internal frame pack.

Can anyone with an internal frame pack chime in as to how you carry the HH SuperShelter (and the size of pack needed).

FYI - Hennessy has a sale at the end of the season (Sept/Oct) to get rid of their Demo stuff, then another sale in January. Several years ago I got a SS for $99 and free shipping. Then there is always HF (Wanted to Buy) and ebay. Just make sure you get the correct one.
    I've always had drafts when using the Jarbridge alone with the HH hammock - not using the hammock tie outs helps. Using the SS solves this completely.

The SS is good to about 40F for me, then I'll add insulation to it - by adding the $100 3/4 UQ (Jarbridge) I have been very comfortable at 20F.
    I just take the entire thing except tarp- HH surrounded by HHSS( and sometimes even my TQ zipped inside the hammock) and stuff it down into my pack, which might be lined with a dry sack. Or, I just stuff everything down inside a large compression dry sack and either stuff that down into my internal frame pack or strap it to my Molly Mac Pack.
    Like this, except with a lighter sil-nylon dry sack when back packing: HHSS with one Explorer UL hammock, pad, plus kidney/torso pad, a space blanket, overcover,undercover and one Golight Ultra20 TQ in one Heavy duty coated nylon sack, total weight 5 lb 7 oz (entire winter system except tarp, and this will compress further once inside pack)

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    The Jacks R Better Nest (The 0riginal UQ) and Winter Nest marry right to the HH Classics... Easiest enter and exit...http://www.jacksrbetter.com/shop/the-nest/

They are in stock items, for same or next day shipping.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    WB RR
    Tarp
    C-burst, T-fly
    Insulation
    Pad,EE,WB,HG,LL
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    My son has the 3-season Potomac UQ from Arrowhead Equipment. It is specifically designed for Hennessy asym hammocks, is a perfect fit, and is an exceptionally well made piece of gear. As a synthetic UQ, it is a bit heavier than down and doesn't compress quite as much, but I like that he doesn't have to worry as much about it getting damp.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12