Homemade
    Tarp
    TBD
    Insulation
    Rab Quantum
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I have a BA Insulated Aircore. I used it with a BA bag so the pad-sleeve kept it in place... but I did not find it to be very comfortable and it wasn't warm enough in temps below 40°, IMO.
    "I know the feeling - It is the real thing - You can't refuse the embrace!" | "Go n-éirí an bóthar leat."

Banned
    Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    Cottage Down
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    BA insulated pad + 20x48 section of blue walmart pad took me into the high teens

Hammock
    H H Ultralight Explorer
    Insulation
    Big Agnes bag/pad
    I use one two different BA insulated air core pads in the bottom sleeve of either a BA Horsethief down mummy bag or a BA synthetic Encampment bag. I've been comfortable down to about 30º with that set up on the Encampment. That pad is 20x72 and the bag is pretty roomy. I find I need to put a vest or some other clothing by my shoulders as those are the cold spots. I like this set up when weight is not an issue such as when camping out of a kayak.

The Horsethief bag is only rated to 40º and I have BA IAC mummy shaped pad that works well in that bag. I underinflate it a bit and also need to have some extra bulk around my shoulders. For backpacking light last summer I cut a blue Wall Mart pad down to mummy size, put that in the sleeping bag sleeve and that kept me plenty warm in the mid 40's in the Horsethief. I would guess that the BA pad is a little warmer, but the blue ccf pad is less than half the weight.
    Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake. Henry David Thoreau

Hammock
    Simply Light Design 10' netless
    Tarp
    WiL Tadpole
    Insulation
    AHE apex quilts
    Suspension
    Muletape
    I've used my full length mummy shaped POE insul air mat 2.5 " with the Speer 4 segment pad extender. I had this stuffed down into an older Clark Ultralight which is narrower and shorter than the present version. I stayed warm into the teens but there was absolutely no wind and the inflation of the pad had to be just right. Also had to elevate the foot end of the hammock a bit higher than I normally do to keep the pad from sliding down. My feet kept pressing against the end and getting cold. The zone of warmth was narrow, ie right on top of the pad. Had to stuff extra clothing along the walls of the narrow hammock by my legs and was then perfectly fine. I've picked up a 3/4 length version of the insul air pad to use with the speer pad extender and then some wide 1/4 inch padding shaped for the legs and feet. That should allow the setup to shape a bit more to the hammock and provide coverage on the sides. I have yet to give that a try.
    http://www.stc-hike.org/ Susquehannock Trail Club web site - PA STS trail info

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    McCat DLX
    Insulation
    Speer Snug Fit
    Suspension
    Webbing baby
    I have found that using my EXPED 9dlx in the layers of my WBBB provides great coverage and insulation. I know you are asking about the BA use, but you may consider the EXPED due to its wider width. I use mine barley inflated. Just enough to keep the down from compressing-works like a charm!

Granted it is a little bulky to carry, but I like the added warm it provides and should I have to go to the ground, it rules!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12