Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimswms View Post
    There's no stupid question right?

How well does the stand fold up with a hammock attached? Can you release the tether(s), fold it in half and move it? Ideal spot for me is in my shop where I start work early some days. Last thing I want is hammock rigamarole before work, but if it was as simple as folding the whole contraption up and moving it out of the way, this could be a good solution for me. Anyone want to make a video?
    Thanks
    If you mean a tensahedron instead of the novel design last presented here, it is exceptionally easy to fold into columnar form and move it, just as you say. With the commercial Tensa4 (and some trickier DIYs) it is possible to collapse the poles partially while everything’s connected, say for stowing vertically in a room with lower ceilings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    Dutch 12' Netless
    Tarp
    ProVenture Nylon
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Humming Bird style
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimswms View Post
    There's no stupid question right?

How well does the stand fold up with a hammock attached? Can you release the tether(s), fold it in half and move it? Ideal spot for me is in my shop where I start work early some days. Last thing I want is hammock rigamarole before work, but if it was as simple as folding the whole contraption up and moving it out of the way, this could be a good solution for me. Anyone want to make a video?
    Thanks
    The Tensa stand collapses as you suggest quite easily. Last summer I was at a Machinery show and the camping area had many generators running. At 2:00am I could take it no more. Pulled the stake brought the poles together with hammock, quilts, and everything. Threw it over my shoulder like a swagman and hoofed it to a quieter corner of the show grounds. In the morning I reversed the procedure, as I ended up in the parking area.

Very easy.

Hammock
    Hammock Tent/SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tarptent/Thunderfl
    Insulation
    EE
    Suspension
    Kevlar/B. Hitch
    Thanks latherdome and jeff-o. I thought I was in the main tends thread, but yes I'm referring to the tensa 4.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch 12' Netless
    Tarp
    ProVenture Nylon
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Humming Bird style
    Images
    So LD,
    After the few years of this product, and following quite closely, I do have a question.... What is a Tensa4? (or more specifically, what does the 4 represent?) 4th generation design, 4 pole version, just a cool number, secret code to our alien overlords?

J

Quote Originally Posted by jeff-oh View Post
    So LD,
    After the few years of this product, and following quite closely, I do have a question.... What is a Tensa4? (or more specifically, what does the 4 represent?) 4th generation design, 4 pole version, just a cool number, secret code to our alien overlords?

J
    Pretty sure the 4 refers to the number of poles used in the geometry. Tensa Solo is the 1-pole flavor. You could use two poles in a couple of different ways to hang, but it seems to me that there probably wasn’t enough of a business case for a “Tensa2” to make it it’s own product...

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief

Tensahedron Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Hammichael View Post
    Pretty sure the 4 refers to the number of poles used in the geometry. Tensa Solo is the 1-pole flavor. You could use two poles in a couple of different ways to hang, but it seems to me that there probably wasn’t enough of a business case for a “Tensa2” to make it it’s own product...

Correct. We used to call Tensa Solo Tensa2. Massive confusion ensued because we sell Solo poles individually, and a Solo pole isn’t really just half a Tensa4 pole, though they share some parts.

“Tensa” is the word for “tense” in a few romance languages. It’s also the name of a popular Anime figure (Japanese). Tensa4 (no space) is unique, cutting through noise in search engine results, helpful for trademarks.

--
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    Dutch 12' Netless
    Tarp
    ProVenture Nylon
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Humming Bird style
    Images
    LD, that's what I though but figured I'd ask.

Images
    Hung a WBRR on 1/2( or one end) of my DIY tensa style stand plus 1 tree. It worked fantastic, lots of room, super stable.

Hammock
    WB RR
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    UQ Lynx Full
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    New WBRR owner here - I've read through the various posts. Is it possible to get an optical flat lay with the WBRR using a stock Tensa4? From what I've read the answer is "maybe" vs. a strong, resounding "yes". I'm thinking of buying one but don't want to settle for "just OK".

I understand that GEs working wonderfully. It looks like a phenomenal product for those types of hammocks. Whereas bridge hammocks seem to have a sub-par experience. Not throwing shade, just trying to be reasonable in my expectations.

I'm willing to spend the money if I can experience my new WBRR as intended.

Thanks for any advice.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanLowdermilk View Post
    New WBRR owner here - I've read through the various posts. Is it possible to get an optical flat lay with the WBRR using a stock Tensa4? From what I've read the answer is "maybe" vs. a strong, resounding "yes". I'm thinking of buying one but don't want to settle for "just OK".

I understand that GEs working wonderfully. It looks like a phenomenal product for those types of hammocks. Whereas bridge hammocks seem to have a sub-par experience. Not throwing shade, just trying to be reasonable in my expectations.

I'm willing to spend the money if I can experience my new WBRR as intended.

Thanks for any advice.

Go to post #58 on this thread, and you will see an example of someone getting pretty excellent results with the Tensa/WBRR combo. https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...sa-Stand/page7 I am waiting to find out the ridge line length so that I can give it another try on my home made tensa. So far I have just not been able to use the 2 together, except when using 1 tree, which worked great then. I don't know, maybe my poles are not quite as long as the factory model, though I thought they were within at least a couple of inches.

BTW, about "Whereas bridge hammocks seem to have a sub-par experience.". I think it is more about the WBRR specifically than it is bridges in general. My WBRR's suspension triangle/apex requires a tree distance at least 2 feet longer than my next closest( JRB James River bridge) and more like 3 feet more than any of my other hammocks, including 2 other models of JRB bridge. That extra length is what makes use with the Tensa stand so much mre challenging for the WBRR.

• + New Posts
  • Page 118 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120 ... LastLast