Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post
    I have whoopies - larks head to whipped ends

I just put the loop around the pole and shorten it up as much as needed and if more then just wrap like figure 8 around poles as needed

Easy peazy

The tarp use will not absolutely need the tarp pole mods but IMo everyone will want them for tarps!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cool thanks. Mine are there whoopies installed by Warbonnet. Assuming they will work fine now. Phew!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.mainechopstick.com (my other business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Hammock
    Chameleon, Halfwit
    Tarp
    DIY DynaFly
    Insulation
    EE TQ & UQ,
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by raftingtigger View Post
    Attachment 167090

It seems to work. Hammocks are different lengths and the poles are slightly different lengths. I have not yet tried to optimize the hang on each hammock, but have hung in each individually. Since it is symmetrical, hammocks and poles of the same length are probably desired.

Since a strut holds 2 people I would decrease the safe load by 1/2 of a single stand.
    Added a central pole (another, not fully extended Tensa strut) as a tarp center pole. Now all I need is a true Hex tarp for it. Weight limit should be your max single stand load for any 2 adjacent stands. For the Tensa4 that would be 200 each or 100 + 300 or 75 + 325.

I agree with Latherdome, This is FUN!
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    No reason the hangers can't be consistently head-to-foot to mitigate any imbalance issues. Yes, this is a "locked down" design that can't seek equilibrium the way a simple tensahedron does, but ... who cares, if it works? This thread has been and remains my best single source of online fun since last October.
    I'm thinking a purpose built triangular tarp. 3 panels so there is no sag. 3 sided pyramid, with the free edge (hypontenuse) just covering the apex of the poles. Probably want tarp poles for the points - that are perpendicular to each hammock and at the halfway point.
    (sorry, can't draw it out right now)
    Did some quick measuring. Apex to apex on each stand is 124 inches (about), centerpole is 87 inches high. Centerpole top to apex is 80 inches (a little less really). So with a little triangle calculator help if you get 3 diamond shaped panels with 80" sides and one diagonal is 128" with the other diagonal 74". Then sew 3 of the 80" sides together to make a pyramid. That should give a really nice elevated triangular tarp for the 'village'. All the diamensions are finished and don't include seam allowances. 72" wide fabric would do. It would need 11 yards for only 3 seams or 7-1/3 yds with more seams.
    This is fantastic! I'm visualizing the pole supported pyramid tarp that Raftingtigger describes for the center area but with 3 half DynaFlys connected to the bottom edges along the ridgeline. This would give each stand it's own vestibule entrance!

I could see it working with just 2 stands also with the third vestibule opening up to an open living/sitting area.

This is going to happen someday. I need a good family/festival rig.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Be what Is to Become
    Become what Is to Be
    Make the Future
    Given Thee...

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    This thing scales:

Looks like 6 people, 18 struts, is a complete flower based on the semi-circularity of this 10-strut 3-er.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Latherdome; 10-07-2018 at 21:10.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Quote Originally Posted by daverr View Post
    Was it just the connector that failed? Have you had success with any other connectors?
    I swapped out for a slightly heavier Duty connector and also inserted dowels in the ends.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Here's the pictures
    Quote Originally Posted by piebald View Post
    I swapped out for a slightly heavier Duty connector and also inserted dowels in the ends.

Quote Originally Posted by piebald View Post

I would not trust such a short connector especially on a two piece leg. All the compression forces are focused at the center of the leg and will attempt to bow there the most. I am thinking a 4" - 6" connector. Those white metal electric conduit connectors break. YMMV

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ylnfrt View Post
    I would not trust such a short connector especially on a two piece leg. All the compression forces are focused at the center of the leg and will attempt to bow there the most. I am thinking a 4" - 6" connector. Those white metal electric conduit connectors break. YMMV
    Pot metal is brittle. Make 3 joints so that there is uncut pole at the center.
    Come check out the Tensa4 tensahedron stand and other hammock stands at http://www.TensaOutdoor.com and [email protected]

Images
    In an earlier post, he specified that he made each pole 7.5 feet total, consisting of one 5' section and one 2.5' section, thus the joint isn't in the middle. By choosing these lengths, he only had to buy three 10' sections rather than four.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    In an earlier post, he specified that he made each pole 7.5 feet total, consisting of one 5' section and one 2.5' section, thus the joint isn't in the middle. By choosing these lengths, he only had to buy three 10' sections rather than four.
    thumb up
    Come check out the Tensa4 tensahedron stand and other hammock stands at http://www.TensaOutdoor.com and [email protected]

Joints and connectors aside, I'm wondering if this thread can make 100 pages before its one year anniversary...
    It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got that swing!

• + New Posts
  • Page 99 of 122 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast