Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by P-Dub View Post
    Interesting -- I looked at their video and they look kind of "springy" when screwed in the ground -- tying off made the head of it wiggle.
    Would those metal spiral screws (often used for dog tie-outs) work? They are about a foot long.
    It is the depth that seems to count most. Dog tie outs are heavy, but probably would work. The tensahedron does not need that strong of an anchor however.
    Come check out the Tensa4 tensahedron stand and other hammock stands at http://www.TensaOutdoor.com and [email protected]

Hammock
    Hexon 1.6W 11'
    Tarp
    Hennessy hex
    Insulation
    Snugpack UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    This weekend went out and used my tensa4. Put the OS in but the ground would only allow it to go in a little over half. I tested it out a bit but nevertheless I had a failure of the OS popping out and me ending up in a taco event. I had to switch to anchoring off a porch post. Yet I put the loop over the end such away that it just popped off the rubber end cap ( never did find it in the morning) which resulted in another taco event. After recovering and working my way out of my netting, I reattached much more securely and was finally able to lay down and get some sleep. Although I would of say my sleep was a little restless partially due to suffering to taco events from the foot end anchor not working. Totally my own fault yet I might invest in a really heavy duty ground screw for when car camping and when I am afraid the ground is to hard to get the OS in all the way without breaking it. But did get this pic in the morning. My slept great in his turtle dog stand that I built which can be seen in the background.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hammock
    Sld TR blck, WBRR 2x
    Tarp
    Rsbtr kit hex 12 b
    Insulation
    Phnx. 40, WL shell
    Suspension
    Dutch buckles
    What we need now are the tensa fellowship to leave anchors around the world and share the gps. Somebody make an app for that

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    We need more video of taco events. I volunteer to compile.

I also learned the fun way always to assure that the guyline isn’t going to be tensioned too nearly inline with the poles, such that it can pop off the end.

When the ground is too hard to screw in anything, nail-type stakes you hammer in often work great. These same stakes work worst in looser ground where the screws excel: pack both for opposite extremes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images
    If you are anchoring with an upward force just put the guy (anchor) line OVER the apex like normal and loop it back under the line that connects the 2 pole tips. No way you will pop any feet off.

Do NOT ever depend on any anchor that is not full inserted. OK, OK, I break this rule myself, but do it cautiously and with malice aforethought AND make sure the guyline attaches to the anchor AT GROUND LEVEL. Practice creative anchoring and you will have even more flexibility in site selection.

THINK about the forces and pull direction if you are setting up in a new configuration (like a high anchor point).

And DON'T CROSS THE LINE unless you have an head tether.

Hang Safe, and have fun.
    Come check out the Tensa4 tensahedron stand and other hammock stands at http://www.TensaOutdoor.com and [email protected]

Hammock
    Hexon 1.6W 11'
    Tarp
    Hennessy hex
    Insulation
    Snugpack UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I have rarely taco’ed because going over the line I think it is because I make sure my head end is well below my foot end.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NWABYUCougar View Post
    I have rarely taco’ed because going over the line I think it is because I make sure my head end is well below my foot end.

Thanks, I forgot to put that one in.

Head always lower than foot.

Cautions weren't for you NWABYUCougar, you have figured it out. It was just a good teaching moment for others.

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief

Tensahedron Stand

Quote Originally Posted by NWABYUCougar View Post
    Well that explains the pull-out of the screw. If you've got the head end only minimally below foot, and you're not a huge person, the guyline tension can be very light, with only a weak anchor sufficing. But then you have to be really careful to stay headward of the line. Conversely, you can tip the stand way headward and forget about the line, but then your anchor needs to be solid.
    Last edited by Latherdome; 08-26-2018 at 22:13.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    ridgerunner
    Tarp
    superfly
    Suspension
    buckles
    Couldn't a couple of webbing be tied from the tensa onto a tree or a post?

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by W8lkinUSA View Post
    Couldn't a couple of webbing be tied from the tensa onto a tree or a post?
    I’ve anchored to trees and other non-ground points many times. You just have to mind that the angle of attachment to the stand is such that it won’t pull off, or else take steps to secure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --

• + New Posts
  • Page 94 of 122 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast