banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanLowdermilk View Post
    New WBRR owner here - I've read through the various posts. Is it possible to get an optical flat lay with the WBRR using a stock Tensa4?
    Check https://www.facebook.com/groups/just...5993092471616/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Latherdome, in your original video, how did you join the pieces of carbon fiber at the end of each pole? It looks like rubber tubing of some sort? But it looks like it provides some more structure while still being flexible.

How did you prevent the ends of the carbon fiber on the ground getting crushed? Since the open ends of carbon tubes are so fragile I'd imagine crushing the end of the tube might be an issue?

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenaxia View Post
    Latherdome, in your original video, how did you join the pieces of carbon fiber at the end of each pole? It looks like rubber tubing of some sort? But it looks like it provides some more structure while still being flexible.

How did you prevent the ends of the carbon fiber on the ground getting crushed? Since the open ends of carbon tubes are so fragile I'd imagine crushing the end of the tube might be an issue?
    Fiber-reinforced hose segments, yes. Prototype’s carbon tubes were fairly thick-walled so ground contact (under hose) not an issue.

--
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    SLD TL 1.6
    Tarp
    ThunderFly SP 20D
    Insulation
    SLD UQ, Costco TQ
    Suspension
    Becket
    Sorry if the answer is buried somewhere in this thread but what is the overall length and width of this stand if using an 11' gathered end hammock? Just curious if this will fit in my apartment.

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by uninjured View Post
    Sorry if the answer is buried somewhere in this thread but what is the overall length and width of this stand if using an 11' gathered end hammock? Just curious if this will fit in my apartment.
    It’s variable since all the joints are floppy. But total width with an 11’ hammock is typically about 12’, being the sum of the hammock’s ridgeline, some suspension both ends, and the stubby feet.

--

Hammock
    SLD TL 1.6
    Tarp
    ThunderFly SP 20D
    Insulation
    SLD UQ, Costco TQ
    Suspension
    Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    It’s variable since all the joints are floppy. But total width with an 11’ hammock is typically about 12’, being the sum of the hammock’s ridgeline, some suspension both ends, and the stubby feet.

Thanks, I was hoping it would be a little less long thinking that hammock ridgelines are like 80% of hammock lengths?

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by uninjured View Post
    Thanks, I was hoping it would be a little less long thinking that hammock ridgelines are like 80% of hammock lengths?
    You can DIY a stand with 8’ poles that will fit an 11’ with no/minimal suspension that will be shorter than 12’, but the commercial Tensa4’s are longer.

--

I have a home-made bamboo tensahedron stand. My poles are just under 8 feet (240cm, sorry I'm more used to using the metric system ), and it perfectly fits my 11' chameleon. Space between the two feet is about 140cm when deployed.

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by opiffe View Post
    I have a home-made bamboo tensahedron stand. My poles are just under 8 feet (240cm, sorry I'm more used to using the metric system ), and it perfectly fits my 11' chameleon. Space between the two feet is about 140cm when deployed.
    My experience with shorter than 8’ (250cm) poles is they might be too short if you are on the tall side (6’ or 1.83M). Are you shorter?

--

I am 1,74m. I forgot to mention that I use longer CL than the original Dutchware (about twice as long) but no other suspension.

• + New Posts
  • Page 119 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121 ... LastLast