Hammock
    modified ENO
    Tarp
    ProFly
    Insulation
    HG 40, DIY TQ/UQ

Hammock Gear Econ 40

I just got back from a quick over night with my new under quilt and had to come post a review! I'm beyond impressed!

I had a two night trip in the Talladega National Forest planned for the weekend. Thursday, I was all packed to go but, on a lark, I decided to check the shipping on my new UQ and low and behold, it was to be delivered by 8 pm! I went home on my lunch break and there she sat! I was prepared to take a ccf pad and sleeping bag but, quickly repacked things to a top quilt and my new UQ.

Temps were supposed to be in the low 60s in town at night so i figured on mid 50s up on the ridge where I planned to camp. I could not be more impressed with how warm I slept. I did not sleep with my costco down top quilt (homemade) until about 4 in the morning when the wind really picked up. I had been mildly concerned about only doing the 3/4 length but, being a relatively short woman, it was great coverage from my shoulders almost to mid calf. I'm one very happy customer!

That's good news. I'm using my 40 F Econ Phoenix for the first time this weekend. Thanks for sharing.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, DUTCHWARE, ETC...
    Tarp
    HG WP/Standard
    Insulation
    HG INCUBATOR/PHOEN
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Cinch
    Hammock Gear makes some good stuff. I've spent many a night in the Talladega Forest with my HG quilts and have never had a problem with them. I have several of their quilts and have been pleased with all of them. I've ordered a top and bottom 40 degree quilt from them and hoping they'll come in this week for a trip we're going on the southern end of the Pinhoti this coming weekend. Keeping fingers crossed !!
    I hate it when people accuse me of lolly gagging when I'm clearly dilly dallying...

Hammock
    DIY 11 ft Double Layer
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Inc30 / B40
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by BrittanyB View Post
    I just got back from a quick over night with my new under quilt and had to come post a review! I'm beyond impressed!

I had a two night trip in the Talladega National Forest planned for the weekend. Thursday, I was all packed to go but, on a lark, I decided to check the shipping on my new UQ and low and behold, it was to be delivered by 8 pm! I went home on my lunch break and there she sat! I was prepared to take a ccf pad and sleeping bag but, quickly repacked things to a top quilt and my new UQ.

Temps were supposed to be in the low 60s in town at night so i figured on mid 50s up on the ridge where I planned to camp. I could not be more impressed with how warm I slept. I did not sleep with my costco down top quilt (homemade) until about 4 in the morning when the wind really picked up. I had been mildly concerned about only doing the 3/4 length but, being a relatively short woman, it was great coverage from my shoulders almost to mid calf. I'm one very happy customer!
    Woohoo! We're happy to hear everything worked out well for you BrittanyB!
    Harry Carlson
    Customer Support
    www.hammockgear.com
    740-445-4327
    [email protected]

• + New Posts