Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    Have you seen Myers Tech soft links? A way to connect two loops and easily disconnect. One loop is a continuos loop (spliced) and the other loop is not spliced--it's finished with a diamond knot or Chinese button knot.
    His method of soft linking two loops together is ingenious.
    Test it--to see if it works for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyRandy View Post
    Very interesting! Cool straps, those are poly straps, right? Would that work with kevlar 3.3g straps? They are thinner and slicker than poly. Cool carabiner too! Where'd you get that? And that spreader bar you have in the sewn channel of the hammock, also very interesting. I was thinking about doing something like that too. Is that a GOLD hammock? I'd love to see a picture of that hammock in action. Thanks for the reply!
    Sorry for the delayed response, life sometimes gets in the way. The straps are 2" Polyester that do not stretch when wet and do not absorb water. The spreader bars are Easton Aluminum Nano Ultra Light 10" length stakes. I cut the end off and using a butane lighter heat another stake and remove it's "Red Head". With a 1/4-inch Titanium solid rod inserted, I reapply expoxy to both ends to make a lightweight and bullet proof spreader bar.

Buried loops as shown on 1/8" Amsteel. The carabiner is a Petzl Omni: Used because the diameter of the curved portion matches Amsteel's criteria for minimum bend radius for 1/8" Amsteel so as not to degrade the working strength of the line. Two lines add additional weight bearing load. I got five zippers in me, and so I can still hump it a 1/4 mile or so , it is not so much fun as it used to be. Now, it is bicycle towing an aluminum trailer hauling 75 lbs, or the 1981 GS1100EX or the 1983 Cherokee Laredo (8-10 mpg).

https://www.petzl.com/US/en/Sport/Ca...uickdraws/OMNI
    Semi-circle carabiner for closing a harness

The half-moon OMNI is used to close harnesses that have two attachment points that must be joined with a connector. It has a breaking strength of 15 kN when loaded in any direction.
    $36.95 - $42.95

The hammock is a 136-inch by 90-incy Polyester Taffeta tablecloth purchased for $15 dollars and triple stitched 3/4-inch channels in each end. No stretch in the lay, cuz that's the way I like it.
    Last edited by joe_guilbeau; 10-27-2017 at 15:23.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12