DIY Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Sil,
    Insulation
    3s Yeti
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    Images
    Interesting. Nice review. My pup, all 40 pounds of her, ends up in the hammock with me. I can keep her warm and I know where she is. Sometimes coyotes come a bit close and I am always afraid that she will hurt herself trying to chase them off. And yeah, staying out my guylines would be great. This set up looks like what I might need. And for what you get, it is not all that heavy.

Hammock
    DL Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Asym
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge/CDT
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Randerson,
    Thank you, I’m sure I’ll be in touch to discuss options. I would love to have something before spring for my dog and I.

And I agree, whoever has a Pet Palace needs to post pics and vids to help me decide my own options.

Hammock
    DIY Multicam /DIY Argon1.6
    Tarp
    CaveCreekPonderosa
    Insulation
    CaveCreekQuilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Roads View Post
    Interesting. Nice review. My pup, all 40 pounds of her, ends up in the hammock with me. I can keep her warm and I know where she is. Sometimes coyotes come a bit close and I am always afraid that she will hurt herself trying to chase them off. And yeah, staying out my guylines would be great. This set up looks like what I might need. And for what you get, it is not all that heavy.
    Hey Country Roads,
    Yes, I imagine just keeping them out of your guylines is the biggest challenge.
    Be glad to make one if you decide to go that route.
    Rick

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Hammock
    pick one
    Tarp
    large, Mia palace
    Insulation
    anything warm
    Suspension
    tree or poles
    My Wheaten terrier knows her palace. I leave a corner open so she come and go by day at night she is content to sleep throughout. Working with Rick on some form of a tarp for shade, wind or rain. Added options that were available. There is room for gear if needed and tie outs.
    My dog will not bolt or panic if the need arises she will lay down at one of corners. The only downside I see if a pet is not familiar to being being enclosed. Underside of my palace is safe from tears.
    Overall one nice product.

Bridge hammock
    image.jpg
    GE hammock
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Last edited by arczeneb; 10-14-2017 at 00:07.

Hammock
    Tarp
    CaveCreekPonderosa
    Insulation
    CaveCreekQuilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peaseblossom View Post
    Randerson,
    Thank you, I’m sure I’ll be in touch to discuss options. I would love to have something before spring for my dog and I.

And I agree, whoever has a Pet Palace needs to post pics and vids to help me decide my own options.
    Look forward to it Peaseblossom,
    So glad this is working out well for everyone that loves to camp with their 4 legged family members!
    Rick

Hammock
    Tarp
    CaveCreekPonderosa
    Insulation
    CaveCreekQuilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by arczeneb View Post
    My Wheaten terrier knows her palace. I leave a corner open so she come and go by day at night she is content to sleep throughout. Working with Rick on some form of a tarp for shade, wind or rain. Added options that were available.
    My dog will not bolt or panic unless so far the only downside if a pet is not familiar to being enclosed. I have room for gear if needed. Underside is safe from tears.
    Overall one nice product.

Bridge hammock
    image.jpg
    GE hammock
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Thanks Pedro! Between possibly making some with longer floors and prototyping one for a bridge hammock, it appears I could have some fun projects! And your bridge sock mods as well!
    Rick

Thanks for the pictures. I just had a thought that I ought to check back into this thread and see if you went to ground, if it would be easy to use trekking poles to suspend the whole setup (especially if you decided to camp on top of a bald or another area without a lot of trees). And voila, pictures of the suspension that reassured me that's entirely possible! I'm getting closer to doing this...might have to go with the red fabric.

Hammock
    Tarp
    CaveCreekPonderosa
    Insulation
    CaveCreekQuilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ccolclou View Post
    Thanks for the pictures. I just had a thought that I ought to check back into this thread and see if you went to ground, if it would be easy to use trekking poles to suspend the whole setup (especially if you decided to camp on top of a bald or another area without a lot of trees). And voila, pictures of the suspension that reassured me that's entirely possible! I'm getting closer to doing this...might have to go with the red fabric.
    Most trekking piles fully extended will probably just a touch short to set up the PP full height/taut, but using the panel pulls should help take any slack out of the netting.
    Would definitely look good in red with red stitching!
    Rick

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Randerson View Post
    Hey Bigbenny,
    Good questions. The end zip would be an additional entrance. Haven't built one like that yet, but it was offered as an option based on some conversations about entering when tarp is pitch tight making side entry difficult.

On the side pull options, I believe it is offered by quantity, I'll have to check and update my store if needed. (Side panel pull option includes 2 tie-outs) so choosing a quantity of 2 side panel pulls=4(door Side x 2 + back side x 2)

Addtl tieouts are just an addtl offering. Honestly don't think they would ever be needed if corners and ridge tensioned properly, but they could be placed mid panel on long ends if desired.

.67 netting will certainly save a few ounces( my only concerned is ling term durability, considering it's intended use) I am also working on having a lighter waterproof floor, but I am really happy with the durability of the hex70 2.2 I currently use.
    Thanks for your interest and input.
    Rick
    Thanks Rick. I had a second look at I see the two options for Front and Back pullouts. I must have missed that (or the site was updated). Thanks for answering my questions.

RSBTR has a 0.5oz/sqyd noseeum as well, so maybe you can add a 0.5 netting option as well.

Hammock
    Tarp
    CaveCreekPonderosa
    Insulation
    CaveCreekQuilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbenny View Post
    Thanks Rick. I had a second look at I see the two options for Front and Back pullouts. I must have missed that (or the site was updated). Thanks for answering my questions.

RSBTR has a 0.5oz/sqyd noseeum as well, so maybe you can add a 0.5 netting option as well.
    Hey bigbenny,
    Your questions prompted a site update, so thank you!
    I've used the .5 noseeum for a hammock net, it is light and very stretchy, and I would have concerns about durability for this application.
    I'm investigating other floor options(although I'm very satisfied with the current hex70) where I could shave significant weight I'm sure.
    Rick

Last edited by Randerson; 10-14-2017 at 13:38.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast