Tarp
    CaveCreekPonderosa
    Insulation
    CaveCreekQuilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Hey Bigbenny,
    Good questions. The end zip would be an additional entrance. Haven't built one like that yet, but it was offered as an option based on some conversations about entering when tarp is pitch tight making side entry difficult.

On the side pull options, I believe it is offered by quantity, I'll have to check and update my store if needed. (Side panel pull option includes 2 tie-outs) so choosing a quantity of 2 side panel pulls=4(door Side x 2 + back side x 2)

Addtl tieouts are just an addtl offering. Honestly don't think they would ever be needed if corners and ridge tensioned properly, but they could be placed mid panel on long ends if desired.

.67 netting will certainly save a few ounces( my only concerned is ling term durability, considering it's intended use) I am also working on having a lighter waterproof floor, but I am really happy with the durability of the hex70 2.2 I currently use.
    Thanks for your interest and input.
    Rick

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutchware 1.0 Hexon 10'
    Tarp
    HG Std CF w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    DG Whoopie Hook
    Quote Originally Posted by OlTrailDog View Post
    Great review and nice camp layout. I'm certain that I'm going to pick up one of these based on your review. One comment, if you diligently hang your food, dog food, and toiletries the chances of having your gear investigated by rodents...or larger and fatter species is greatly reduced.
    Thanks, I'm glad you found the review useful!

Yes, I hang mine and my dogs food and other items that smell. I have heard stories about curious rodents inspecting packs and chewing through hip belt pockets. I have always left all compartments of my pack open at night to allow easy access rather to rodents in case they visit in hopes they will not feel the need to chew through the pack. I've never had any issues to date.

I was thinking about a DIY version of this, but with a long enough floor for a person to sleep in (ie, a net tent as Bigbenny said). I didn't see any dimensions on the site offhand - what are the floor dimensions, and how high is the ridgeline off the ground?
    It really looks awesome and I love the color choices for the floor! I would also opt for the .67 noseeum - I've not had a problem at all with it thus far, much more durable than I anticipated.

Hammock
    DIY Multicam /DIY Argon1.6
    Tarp
    CaveCreekPonderosa
    Insulation
    CaveCreekQuilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Ive had similar conversations about making floor longer to accomodate a ground sleeper. Useful idea where weight/bulk isn't the biggest concern.

Thanks for heads up. I have added the following to the description on website.

Floor 60"L x 48"W x 8"H(+/-)
    Bug-net Sidewall 55" height, 100" ridgeline length, approx. 120" with suspension sleeve extension.
    Approximate weight 23 oz. including stuff
    Rick

Thanks for the response. Looks great. Now to decide if I want to DIY - I am really dreading trying to sew a zipper onto noseeum. It might be worth it to just buy...

Hammock
    Tarp
    CaveCreekPonderosa
    Insulation
    CaveCreekQuilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    You bet, glad to help. Well it just so happens that sewing zippers on noseeum is my favorite.....
    Would love to make one for you, if you decide not to DIY.
    Rick

Hammock
    DL Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Asym
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge/CDT
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Thanks for this video. Between seeing your review and the videos by gbrubs, (and Rick answering questions and giving more detail), I believe I’ll be purchasing one before spring. My greyhound can’t be off leash, so this would be nice to help keep her contained and give her a break from a leash/tie out.

I’d also be interested in having a little more floor space for my dog (plus me, if I need to go to ground with her). I’m also wondering if there’s a way to add either clip on “side cover” walls (similar to top covers on hammocks) to protect my dog a little more—she has no fat or fur to keep her warm. Even better, I’d love if some little insulated shelter could be added to a corner when needed that she could curl up in—I’ve seen people make mesh and tyvek little tents for their dogs that are suspended from the tarp...something like that, but insulated to keep her warm, and it can still be compressed and fit in my pack...or left at home in warm weather. That would be perfect.

Thanks again. Your pup is adorable.

Hammock
    Tarp
    CaveCreekPonderosa
    Insulation
    CaveCreekQuilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Peaseblossom, If I decide to add a XL floor option I'll be sure to let everyone know. For now, I would handle it as a custom request.
    If you check out gbrugs videos you'll see one where he reviews a "winter cover" I custom made to give some extra coverage.
    Rick

Any idea what the cost would be for a longer floor? Maybe 7' or so? I don't know what dimensions you normally use for a longer floor, but at that length I think I could go to ground with two people, plus a dog and backpack inside, which might be the holy grail of dog camping! Even if you didn't need to go to ground, that might be a good space to eat dinner if it's super buggy.
    Appreciate all the responses. And anyone who buys one better post a video - so we can see the colors and the dogs!

Hammock
    Tarp
    CaveCreekPonderosa
    Insulation
    CaveCreekQuilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Ccolclou,
    Not sue at this pount,would have to sketch/mock it up to see how it changes material needs.
    Feel free to email me at [email protected]
    I'll work up some numbers.
    Thanks,
    Rick

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast