Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Awesome Thank you for your inputs, I am looking into it now and appreciate your replies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hammock
    Townsend Bridge
    Tarp
    Homemade Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ TR Pad
    Suspension
    Dogbones-Mule Tape
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy "Bull" Bullock View Post
    Another adventurer for the hammock world (aka hammock rabbit hole!). Lol

It doesn’t matter what you get, you’ll probably end up buying them all by this time in a couple years. Welcome to the forum and have fun!
    So true!! I only have one more to get...and that doesn't change with each I purchase...I only want one more.

Hammock
    11' 5 O'Clock Shadow
    Tarp
    Indoors
    Insulation
    DIY down throw UQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckle,straps
    No offense at all to Dutch -- I have one of his hammocks, and I'm keeping it. But my favorite is The 5 O'Clock Shadow from Bearded Hanger. Note that the order page defaults to 10', as a 5'6" person I think it's well worth the extra $5 to get the 11'.

I don't think there's any difference at all in the quality, I just love the feel of the 1.6 HyperD fabric.

Hi, What I am now most going for is the warbonnet traveller as suggested by a few people here... The bearded hanger does look good, but is out of stock at the mo. What is Dutch's hexon material like? It looks comfortable. Does anyone else reading this recommend the hyperD fabric, or another for the feel?

11 footer vs 10 ?
    Most people seem to say go for an 11 footer, which I'll probably do now. Is it that much more comfortable? Is it worth carrying the extra weight and size for that comfort? Does it mean there will be less options for me to hang it up, ie - space between trees? I've never had a hammock before, so am wondering about these things... I am pretty obsessed with weight/size/performance which is why I ask, and I value the opinions here!

Suspension - I'm probably going with the whoopie slings, as i watched a tutorial and seems pretty straight forward and good/light with that dyneema rope and adjustability etc..

Hey why has an adjustable ridgeline been recommended to me? Does that make much difference in setup?

Cheers for any responses, I am very excited and keep looking at possible tree setups when im out walking lol

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post

Hey why has an adjustable ridgeline been recommended to me? Does that make much difference in setup?

Cheers for any responses, I am very excited and keep looking at possible tree setups when im out walking lol
    When I first got my 11 foot hammock I wasn't sure how much sag I'd like. An adjustable ridgeline allowed me to play with different amounts of sag very quickly to see what felt best. Once set, however, I haven't moved it since, and it's been a couple of years. Having it adjustable gives you options to try.
    "...the height of hammock snobbery!"

Quote Originally Posted by sidneyhornblower View Post
    ...An adjustable ridgeline allowed me to play with different amounts of sag very quickly to see what felt best...
    Ahh got it!!! That makes sense. Thanks Sidneyhornblower. - So if a hammock comes with a fixed ridgeline, has the manufacturer decided on it's length? Of course, I could adjust it if it was more on the long side by tying a knot, or running the line through and around a caribiner. I sent Warbonnet a message asking if their ridgeline is adjustable.... It says on the page that the ridgeline is included and its 110" long on the traveller xl
    Last edited by Newjack; 10-10-2017 at 05:17.

Hammock
    11' 5 O'Clock Shadow
    Tarp
    Indoors
    Insulation
    DIY down throw UQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckle,straps
    The bearded hanger does look good, but is out of stock at the mo.l
    Just FYI, once you select a color it goes back to showing as available. (I think Bearded Hanger makes all their hammocks to order.) Anyway, I probably should have linked to this page: https://beardedhanger.com/collection...-oclock-shadow as it gives all of the customization options, like different suspensions and ridgelines.

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    11 footer vs 10 ?
    Most people seem to say go for an 11 footer, which I'll probably do now. Is it that much more comfortable? Is it worth carrying the extra weight and size for that comfort? Does it mean there will be less options for me to hang it up, ie - space between trees? I've never had a hammock before, so am wondering about these things... I am pretty obsessed with weight/size/performance which is why I ask, and I value the opinions here!

IMO, the 11 footer is definitely worth the minimal extra weight you will carry. In all likelihood, you won't even notice a difference in your pack. But the comfort level of an 11ft hammock is way better than a 10 footer. The added length really helps with getting a flatter lay, and also helps with calf ridge.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12