Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hammock
    DIY GE
    Insulation
    Down TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    DynaGlide UCRs
    Quote Originally Posted by campergf23 View Post
    How much can the summer sock be rotated? Could I flip it 180 if I wanted to make it essentially a winter sock? Argon on top and mesh on bottom?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Yep, Dutch actually demonstrates this exact usage on his product video.

Hammock
    DIY GE
    Insulation
    Down TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    DynaGlide UCRs
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrogen View Post
    I've packed both my double-layer Dutchware hammock and the Summer Argon Sock together in the same Dutchware Double Ended Stuff Sack. FWIW, I wish I would've bought the bottom entry bug net (fronkey style). I've discovered the "sock style" isn't really my thing.
    I had mixed feeling when I first got the summer sock. One of the attractive features for me was the easy on-off so I could move it out of the way for chair mode. BUT I wasn't a fan of trying to slide it over me when in the hammock. As such, I seam ripped the entire length of one side where the netting meets the Argon and I put in a zipper. That way I could slide it out of the way for chair mode, then slide it back on, cinch it down, then enter through the zipper when it's time for bed. A great combination...

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    CRO Up Wide
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by HoosierT View Post
    I had mixed feeling when I first got the summer sock. One of the attractive features for me was the easy on-off so I could move it out of the way for chair mode. BUT I wasn't a fan of trying to slide it over me when in the hammock. As such, I seam ripped the entire length of one side where the netting meets the Argon and I put in a zipper. That way I could slide it out of the way for chair mode, then slide it back on, cinch it down, then enter through the zipper when it's time for bed. A great combination...
    This is a great idea. I had one of Dutch's summer socks and it was a royal PITA to get in and out of. A zipper would have made all the difference in the world.

Hammock
    modified ENO
    Tarp
    ProFly
    Insulation
    HG 40, DIY TQ/UQ
    I have a feeling I will love it hearing all the love for zippers lol I have used my exhusband's ENO Guardian once and hip length hair and getting in and out of the zipper caused quite a few irritating moments.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20*
    Suspension
    June Bugs
    I've packed both my double-layer Dutchware hammock and the Summer Argon Sock together in the same Dutchware Double Ended Stuff Sack. FWIW, I wish I would've bought the bottom entry bug net (fronkey style). I've discovered the "sock style" isn't really my thing.
    I ordered my hammock with the summer sock to use as the bug net. The one thing I didn't like was having to crawl towards the end of the hammock to get close/open it. I then made a bottom entry bug net and figured this would be better. But the one thing I disliked about the bottom entry bug net is I cant easily slide the netting into the stuff sack while its suspended so it's out of the way like I did with the summer sock. Sometimes I just want to sit in the hammock without the netting. I guess the only solution is to get a zippered bug net hammock.

Hammock
    Sld TR blck, WBRR 2x
    Tarp
    Rsbtr kit hex 12 b
    Insulation
    Phnx. 40, WL shell
    Suspension
    Dutch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by arcana73 View Post
    I ordered my hammock with the summer sock to use as the bug net. The one thing I didn't like was having to crawl towards the end of the hammock to get close/open it. I then made a bottom entry bug net and figured this would be better. But the one thing I disliked about the bottom entry bug net is I cant easily slide the netting into the stuff sack while its suspended so it's out of the way like I did with the summer sock. Sometimes I just want to sit in the hammock without the netting. I guess the only solution is to get a zippered bug net hammock.
    I have an anti gravity gear vista bottom entry net, it has one end with a 20 inch zipper so you can slide it back out. It's kind of a plain though...you have to get out of the hammock and thread it thorough the opening.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon W 1.6
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    HG Incubator E 10°
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by HoosierT View Post
    BUT I wasn't a fan of trying to slide it over me when in the hammock. As such, I seam ripped the entire length of one side where the netting meets the Argon and I put in a zipper.
    Bingo. Once it's up and over and tied down, I've got no complaints, but my biggest issue is, what If I wake up at 3:10 a.m. needing to vacate my bladder with haste... Scootching up to the head end, undoing the cinch, scooting everything around and under my butt... all while trying not to piss myself. I've got no problem seam ripping, I can be super careful doing that, but sewing a functional zipper is wayyyyy beyond my skill level.

Hammock
    11' Dutchware 1.6 hexon
    Tarp
    12' UGQ WD marpat
    Insulation
    3S Yeti & 0+2 HG I
    Suspension
    Buckles
    Bingo. Once it's up and over and tied down, I've got no complaints, but my biggest issue is, what If I wake up at 3:10 a.m. needing to vacate my bladder with haste... Scootching up to the head end, undoing the cinch, scooting everything around and under my butt... all while trying not to piss myself. I've got no problem seam ripping, I can be super careful doing that, but sewing a functional zipper is wayyyyy beyond my skill level.
    Never understood why anyone cinched the head end. I pull the cord a little tight but leave the cordlock loose. When I need my midnight pee I just start pulling it down and it opens up and moves easily. If I have my 0 incubator on I need to help it get over the hump a little. Not much fiddling though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon W 1.6
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    HG Incubator E 10°
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I sleep with my head end about 10" lower than my foot end, so cinching at the foot end would require a bit of a climb and a lot more fidgeting. Also, If I don't secure the end completely, I get eaten alive. Mosquitoes are tenacious in Texas.

Hammock
    11' Dutchware 1.6 hexon
    Tarp
    12' UGQ WD marpat
    Insulation
    3S Yeti & 0+2 HG I
    Suspension
    Buckles

Dutchware Winter Sock

I sleep with my head end about 10" lower than my foot end, so cinching at the foot end would require a bit of a climb and a lot more fidgeting. Also, If I don't secure the end completely, I get eaten alive. Mosquitoes are tenacious in Texas.
    Not sure why anyone would try to open the foot end but the thread is called Winter Sock and I would hope even Texas doesn't have mosquitoes when its cold enough to use a winter sock. I last used mine at the MN Frozen Butt Hang last January!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast