Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    HG CF 11ft Palace
    Insulation
    Yeti3,HG20º,UGQ50º
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    I just switched from WB Cinch Buckles and straps to Dutch's polypro Dyneema straps and Beetle Buckles. I am really happy with this switch. Best of all worlds. I had to switched out the Loops on the WBBB, and used this as an excuse to purchase a Red colored loop as well as a grey one. Red for Head. I watched the video on Warbonnet site to swap out the suspension. You mentioned a Dutch Hammock but the gathered end are all pretty much the same. May help to go to the Warbonnet site and view it before you actually swap the woopie out.
    "gbolt" on the Trail
    We are here to help one another along life's journey. Keep the Faith!
    YouTubeChannel. [https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCik...NPHW7vu3vhRBGA]

Hammock
    Dutch 11ft. Netless
    Tarp
    HG CF/WBSF
    Insulation
    HG 0 Incub./Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Beatle Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by gbolt View Post
    I just switched from WB Cinch Buckles and straps to Dutch's polypro Dyneema straps and Beetle Buckles. I am really happy with this switch. Best of all worlds. I had to switched out the Loops on the WBBB, and used this as an excuse to purchase a Red colored loop as well as a grey one. Red for Head. I watched the video on Warbonnet site to swap out the suspension. You mentioned a Dutch Hammock but the gathered end are all pretty much the same. May help to go to the Warbonnet site and view it before you actually swap the woopie out.
    Thank you for that video reference , will do.

Hammock
    Dutch 11ft. Netless
    Tarp
    HG CF/WBSF
    Insulation
    HG 0 Incub./Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Beatle Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by sqidmark View Post
    I did fail to point out that we've been using the bb's lately with 2.4 dyneema webbing from myerstech. As far as ease of adjustment goes this is about as slick as it can get. The thin webbing/buckle combo is not for everyone though. We're 150lbs or less so we may get away with what others can't. Not sure I'd care to try it with anything thinner. Also, extreme vigilence must be maintained to ensure the webbing remains squared up in the buckle each time before getting in the hammock. You've been warned.

I made flat elastic movable belt loops to help keep the webbing aligned near the buckle, thus helping to prevent misalignment within. It must help as I haven't had any alignment problems since.

Poly and Dutch's dy/poly webbing work very well also, but doesn't quite have that hot-knife-through-butter kind of ease. I suspect that few others are as picky as I am about this. What can I say, I'm spoiled.
    Question: what length tree straps do you recommend, I'm 165 lbs if that matters. Thank you much!
    "These are the voices which we hear in solitude, but they grow faint and inaudible as we enter the world. Society everywhere is in conspiracy against the manhood of everyone of it's members." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D

Suspension swap help

Quote Originally Posted by GopherHanger View Post
    Question: what length tree straps do you recommend, I'm 165 lbs if that matters. Thank you much!
    I'd get 15 feet tree straps--you can get by with 12 but if you change your mind with 15 all you gotta do is cut 3 feet off and your good.
    If you have a 12 and change your mind--you'd have to buy another set of 15.
    This is even more so for Knot aficionados that use Kevlar or dyneema straps--since they are very light and also pack down real small.
    PS I did not know you can use Myers straps with hardware---and I'm thinking RipStopByTheRoll has a new black dyneema strap that is more heavy duty than Dutch's dyneema straps--maybe Venom will be good for knots and hardware--I don't know and want to try it for knots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Hybrid 1.7 GE, Happy Medium Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Winter
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    All of them! Ugh.
    Images
    As PG suggested, 15 footers can always be cut shorter if you find you never use the extra length. I usually buy a 25' length, cut in half, sew a loop on one end of each and call it good. With dyneema or kevlar, they're so light and thin you'd hardly notice the extra anyway. With thicker webbing like poly or dypoly there is a noticable difference, but it still may be worth it to YOU. I usually have dogbones or some other means to extend my suspension if need be. Of course one could make the argument that if you're going to carry extra stuff, why not just have the longer straps to begin with? Well, those other pieces could serve some other purpose beyond suspension, like, hanging a pack from a tree etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gbolt View Post
    I did the same thing, down to the red for head, though I used cinch bugs. Alas the beetles were still in kickstarter phase or some such.
    Still, lasted me the whole AT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    HG CF 11ft Palace
    Insulation
    Yeti3,HG20º,UGQ50º
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Awesome to know and congrats on your Thru.
    "gbolt" on the Trail
    We are here to help one another along life's journey. Keep the Faith!
    YouTubeChannel. [https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCik...NPHW7vu3vhRBGA]

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12