Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Question HG Dyneema (Cuben) Fiber Palace Tarp - Bridge Hammock Option

Hi All,

Looking at the Hammock Gear websites product page for their Dyneema (Cuben) Fiber Palace Tarp (aka Winter Palace), there's a "Is this tarp for a bridge hammock?" question that I'd like to know what difference there is between the two variants.

I thought I had read somewhere that the pull outs are higher on the sides if you answer yes and lower if you answer no. But I can't find that post after searching a lot.

I'm interested to know because I'd like to use hammocks side-by-side under the one tarp (e.g. Double Dutch). I would try to have the spreader bar outside by using dogbones or similar if I can, but if I can't due to the site then I'm thinking the bridge style Palace tarp is probably better but I'd like to know what the actually differences are.

Thanks,
    BigBenny

Hammock
    DIY 11 ft Double Layer
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Inc30 / B40
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbenny View Post
    Hi All,

Looking at the Hammock Gear websites product page for their Dyneema (Cuben) Fiber Palace Tarp (aka Winter Palace), there's a "Is this tarp for a bridge hammock?" question that I'd like to know what difference there is between the two variants.

I thought I had read somewhere that the pull outs are higher on the sides if you answer yes and lower if you answer no. But I can't find that post after searching a lot.

I'm interested to know because I'd like to use hammocks side-by-side under the one tarp (e.g. Double Dutch). I would try to have the spreader bar outside by using dogbones or similar if I can, but if I can't due to the site then I'm thinking the bridge style Palace tarp is probably better but I'd like to know what the actually differences are.

Thanks,
    BigBenny
    Morning BigBenny!
    So, if you pick "Yes" for that option, we space out the panel pullouts to allow for additional room underneath the tarp to hang a bridge hammock. That tarp option would also work well with the Double Dutch spreader bar option. If you decide to only use one hammock underneath, it won't hurt anything. Hope that helps! Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,
    Harry
    Harry Carlson
    Customer Support
    www.hammockgear.com
    740-445-4327
    [email protected]

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Hi Harry, thanks for the answer, but I'm still confused. Do you mean the pull-outs are closer to the trees or closer to the sky?

Thanks,
    BigBenny

Hammock
    DIY 11 ft Double Layer
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Inc30 / B40
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbenny View Post
    Hi Harry, thanks for the answer, but I'm still confused. Do you mean the pull-outs are closer to the trees or closer to the sky?

Thanks,
    BigBenny
    Closer to the trees. We widen the distance between them on the tarp panel to allow for additional room.
    Harry Carlson
    Customer Support
    www.hammockgear.com
    740-445-4327
    [email protected]

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Thanks Harry,

Makes sense to me now.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I've been trying to find videos or even pictures showing a Dyneema (Cuben) Palace Tarp with the bridge hammock ties out but can't find any. If you guys have any or know of any links can you please post them.

I don't have the winter palace, just the regular 11ft tarp with doors. I use it with a wbrr bridge hammock and do not even use the tie outs. Never a rub or a problem. The winter palace you want will be even better, especially with the wider spaced tie outs. I do pitch my tarp a bit high, as I am old and cranky and don't stoop over too well..Good hanging to you, whatever you choose.
    If you prepare for failure you will probably succeed.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Thanks old4hats. I'm quite sure it will work, but I still would like to see it in action just to get a better idea as to which option I'd prefer to buy. I'd like to see how the doors still function, if there's any impairment in terms of closing or if everything functions the same, but its just roomier inside. I like to see things I guess, I'm a visual person.

• + New Posts