Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by InfuriatedMax View Post
    Very good theory, I don't use a dedicated ridge line though.

The wear is down towards one of the corners by the door, but whats strange is the damage is not pulled where the stress would be for the corner. The tarp is put in a sleeve and then a bag to avoid wear from traveling.
    Then I would say there was a defect in the material.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I'd be interested in the outcome. I wasn't planning on buying a CF tarp in the near future, but if -- when! -- I can realize my dream of hiking a long distance trail, I would try to shed as much weight as possible. However, I wouldn't want to spend close to half a grand on a CF tarp when it's only going to hold up one season... So let us know about the results of your inquiry. Thanks a lot!

I purchased mine used and have had it 2-3 years. It looks like new, so I'm shocked to see your picture. I wouldn't have believed it without that picture! I hope you do call HG and let us know what they say.

Hammock
    DH - Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG 20
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    It is a confirmed defect. The tarp is on its way back to Hammock Gear as of today per HG's request. The delamination is a (very rare)defect that can occur with any Cuben fiber. HG wants to review the tarp internally and send it to the manufacturer of the material to see if they can identify the issue. They take their product control very seriously.

I will be receiving a replacement.

However, I wouldn't want to spend close to half a grand on a CF tarp when it's only going to hold up one season... So let us know about the results of your inquiry. Thanks a lot!
    HG customer service and products are excellent. I own four quilts, two CF tarp sleeves, and the CF tarp in question from them. Never had a issue with anything other than this tarp. Immediately Harry@(HG) responded to my email to find a resolution.

My issue is very isolated I believe, as others have stated they have owned their tarps for much longer and been harder on them. They make a very nice tarp.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    It is a confirmed defect. The tarp is on its way back to Hammock Gear as of today per HG's request. The delamination is a (very rare)defect that can occur with any Cuben fiber. HG wants to review the tarp internally and send it to the manufacturer of the material to see if they can identify the issue. They take their product control very seriously.

HG customer service and products are excellent. I own four quilts, two CF tarp sleeves, and the CF tarp in question from them. Never had a issue with anything other than this tarp. Immediately Harry@(HG) responded to my email to find a resolution.

My issue is very isolated I believe, as others have stated they have owned their tarps for much longer and been harder on them. They make a very nice tarp.
    Hope springs eternal!
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images

Thanks for posting. I'm glad you will get that matter resolved.

I know that HG is great. I have owned a lot of their quilts over the years, and I have never been disappointed with their customer service. However, I'm going to watch out for further reports on delaminating CF tarps. If I would live in the US, I wouldn't worry. But it's a PITA to deal with a matter like this when you have to ship internationally and deal with customs. So far I haven't had to send back gear (knock on wood), so I don't know what the process with customs would be. But one thing is for sure: it would at least be time-consuming.

Great news that HG is stepping up so strongly and so quickly to support you and their product. Since I've never heard of that issue before, here's hoping your replacement tarp lives up to its reputation!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12