Tarp
    DCF Winter
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ @ TQ
    Suspension
    Whoope
    Images
    Haters: DELETE !
    Within weeks of seeing Shug's videos, and making the connection to Hammock Forums I bought my first hammock, and have never looked back. Thank you all!

I have made several quilts, tarps, and all sorts of other equipment based on information and ideas from this community . And am still going. When not able to get out there, UTube is the next best thing! Several of my friends have been inspired to buy hammocks, and thus gotten the "bug" and really taken to this in a big way. Not much out there I have not bought after seeing it here!

But, it is so sad that people tear down others! If I could, I would delete such hurtful thoughts, but I would sure like to not see them in the first place!

Thankfully we don't have to see it here with HF. I wish I did not have to see it AT ALL!
    Since I retired, some times I stay awake all day, some times all night.

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    almost every day I see one of the usual folks posting something, and it's just mind expanding

I've watch Hiram Miller boil way more water than I'd ever want to admit, watched Shug balance more stuff on his chin than I thought possible, and for pete's sake, sat thru how many hours watching folks sew

debated with myself whether it was sacriledge to tape fabric to hardwood for measuring/cutting

had 13578903851391 different items of dutchbling dance thru my dreams

Hammock
    WB BBXLC, DH, DIY, GT Hybrid
    Tarp
    Etowah Outfitters
    Insulation
    HG TQ and JRB UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Too bad those jerks try get to you. I am glad you don't let them. But I am sure you know guys like me owe you a lot for the info we picked up early on in our hammock/hiking hobbies. Of all the things I like about your videos, the way you keep them from dragging is tops. Truthfully just talking about tarps, ridgelines, etc. could get kind of boring if it came off like some guy reading a textbook. That's not a knock on any other person making the vids. It is just a compliment to you and a reason I think so many like your stuff. You make it fun and make folks feel excited. Thanks from SW Missouri.

I always liked Shug´s videos and in one of his videos he demonstrated hanging the hammock too tight with a structural ridgeline and actually ripped his hammock and he looked really sad and crestfallen for having done it. At that moment I truly understood how authentic he is. The looney antics are just part of the crazy charm. Too bad he's getting bad comments back. What kind of parents raise children that would say those kinds of things to someone who has helped so many of us with hammock camping?

Hammock
    Too many to choose just one
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Hex or WP
    Insulation
    UGQ Bandit 30* or
    Suspension
    Depends on my mood
    I like to watch those videos to see some of the trails that I will probably never get to hike. I also like the gear list videos. I'm a gear head.

Images
    Remember, Primitive Technology is meant to be watched with the closed captions.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC/R.R 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG/LocoL/AHE/UGQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NarlocB View Post
    Really???? who the hell could possible get upset at your videos??? no politics, no religion, no spouting the world is ending......just pure instructional/reviews/trip reports with entertainment thrown in. I'm truly sorry you have to deal with less than intelligent people.
    Yeah, It's just mind numbing! I really feel bad for the person that would spout off at Shug.
    Love me some Shug!
    Hanging in the woods, paddlin and catching trout- My kind of living...

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Miquel Westano View Post
    Too bad those jerks try get to you. I am glad you don't let them. But I am sure you know guys like me owe you a lot for the info we picked up early on in our hammock/hiking hobbies. Of all the things I like about your videos, the way you keep them from dragging is tops. Truthfully just talking about tarps, ridgelines, etc. could get kind of boring if it came off like some guy reading a textbook. That's not a knock on any other person making the vids. It is just a compliment to you and a reason I think so many like your stuff. You make it fun and make folks feel excited. Thanks from SW Missouri.
    I really am just passing on things learned here and trying to help with problems I see come up on here. You Tube is growing as my main audience so the bad comments will come but most are terrific comments.
    Bound to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by golight View Post
    I always liked Shug´s videos and in one of his videos he demonstrated hanging the hammock too tight with a structural ridgeline and actually ripped his hammock and he looked really sad and crestfallen for having done it. At that moment I truly understood how authentic he is. The looney antics are just part of the crazy charm. Too bad he's getting bad comments back. What kind of parents raise children that would say those kinds of things to someone who has helped so many of us with hammock camping?
    That did break my heart a bit!
    Folks have some tough talking fingers from the saftey of home. Only waves of truly nasty ones this past couple days.
    It will die down then happen again.
    99.9% of my comments are really nice and my commenters defend me when those jerks spread their vitriol!
    I love that.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Byer and generic silnylon with net
    Tarp
    Still need one
    Insulation
    closed foam pad
    Suspension
    Straps and Amsteel
    I watch lots of these videos. Trying to catch up on 30 years of change in gear and technology. Always interested in how people cook. How they plan what they bring. And what they cut after years of carrying and why. All educational. A prat fall's entertaining every now and then. So if you'll all excuse me, I've got to see a 9th video on making whoopie slings.

Hammock
    Dream Hammocks Raven
    Tarp
    Dutch
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Beetles
    Images
    Your videos brought me to this forum and helped me use my new hammock.....so thank you.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast