Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Outdoor Equipment Supplier: CAUTION!

I strongly urge folks to stay away from this business. Earlier this spring I ordered a silnylon MCAT tarp which from the website looked fantastic.
    My credit card was immediately charged for the purchase. After two weeks and no delivery I sent two emails via the contact us on their website.
    NO RESPONSE from the owner and there is no phone number to contact. Following that I contacted the local Better Business Bureau and logged a formal complaint. The BBB had no luck in contacting or resolving my complaint. Money down the drain. Buyer beware!

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    The customer service, or lack thereof, you can expect from OES is well documented on Hammock Forums. They are the only vendor with a Caveat Emptor sticky in their own subforum.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...uying-from-OES

Sorry for your loss.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Why would anyone select such an obscure vendor when there are so many that have proven themselves over and over? Ratings typically don't lie.

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    File a complaint with your Credit Card Company, NOW, you have limited time to file a dispute. Your card will refund your $.

Oops, I re-read your post. Try a dispute with your CC anyway, YOU MIGHT still recoup your $.

When I purchase on line, I research, make a telephone call and read comments about the business. I give extra point for what long time members say about the company I am considering purchasing from.
    Last edited by IRONFISH45; 09-27-2017 at 11:09.

Hammock
    Dutch 11 foot
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Diy uq phantom32
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks/
    Images
    If you use a credit card to make the purchase just contested the charges with the credit card company. I ordered a deluxe from Brian about a year ago and after a month-and-a-half he sent me a standard in a different color covered with cat hair and dirt. I tried contacting him for 2 months with no reply so I contested the bill and got my money back. I still have the tarp he sent me even though I tried contacting him several times to get a return shipping label. so after about 4 months of hassle I ended up with a free standard MCat.
    By all means, let's argue about whether or not a hammock will hurt a tree. All the while ignoring the fact that there is an island of garbage the size of Texas floating in the Pacific ocean. Or how about the fact that over 75% of the world's nuclear reactors are leaking...

Hammock
    Townsend Bridge
    Tarp
    Homemade Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ TR Pad
    Suspension
    Dogbones-Mule Tape
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    Why would anyone select such an obscure vendor when there are so many that have proven themselves over and over? Ratings typically don't lie.
    Agreed. In just a few minutes here in the forums, it is not hard at all to know who people like...in fact, just look at what people list as their own gear. I still hate seeing someone soured by something like this...

Hammock
    Dutch 11 foot
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Diy uq phantom32
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks/
    Images
    [QUOTE=TrailSlug;1821134]Why would anyone select such an obscure vendor when there are so many that have proven themselves over and over? Ratings

Well one of the main problems is the only place that has negative reviews of his product is this forum if you Google best hammock tarp all the old hammock gurus highly recommend Brian's tarps and on his website there's nothing but Stellar reviews. I was not aware of all the problems people had until after I ordered the tarp and found the threads on this form.
    By all means, let's argue about whether or not a hammock will hurt a tree. All the while ignoring the fact that there is an island of garbage the size of Texas floating in the Pacific ocean. Or how about the fact that over 75% of the world's nuclear reactors are leaking...

Sounds like deja vu all over again...still can't fathom why OES still gets customers.

Hammock
    LSOH Warrior Edge
    Tarp
    OES MacCat
    Insulation
    UGQ UQ, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    I have the large MacCat tarp and love it. That said I never considered getting one until one was in the For Sale section here on the forum.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    I remember these being the go-to tarps way back when before all the other options came about.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast