Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Why are people resistive to filing a grevience?

I pay my money, I do not receive my merchandise I file a dispute. Only once did I not file a dispute and that was because the problem happened while I was too ill to track what happened to the merchandise.

Filing a dispute as soon as a problem is recognized makes like easier for everyone and helps other prospective customers evade being taken advantage of.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    I'm starting to wonder at this point why anyone in their right mind would even consider this vendor with all the other proven vendors our there. I guess some like to roll the dice

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    I don't understand this at all. I have met Brian, really seems like a good guy. OES was the original tarp maker that is the template for everyone. He could ha e sold the business at one point. It doesn't seem like he is making anything but I guess we just hear about the failures.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Senior Member Tyroler Holzhacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow/SL Darien
    Tarp
    MacCat/WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    LL/JRB/DIY down
    Suspension
    MSH/Whoopies/strps
    Images
    I wonder if the value of original "Brian made" mac cat tarps just went up in value!!! I sure like mine.. It is a real Beaut. I did wait an ungodly long time for it though, and wouldn't have that kind of patience again for a piece of gear...unless I was given some kind of timeline vis a vis communication. No communication is no bueno.

Hammock
    Dutch Wide 11', H.H.
    Tarp
    Superfly, Noah 12'
    Insulation
    Incubator 0, Jarbr
    Suspension
    Cinch Bugs
    why is a thief even allowed to be on this site?

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
    why is a thief even allowed to be on this site?
    He isn't on this site or at least he hasn't been for a very long time. This is a forum and the whole gist of this forum is to talk about his brand of gear. Unfortunately the only talking being done is negative. There are plenty of warnings and it is a sticky on the top of the manufacturers forum warning people. But the reason there is an OES forum is so the mods can categorize topics. I think it works pretty well in this case because anyone doin any research will be educated.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    He isn't on this site or at least he hasn't been for a very long time. This is a forum and the whole gist of this forum is to talk about his brand of gear. Unfortunately the only talking being done is negative. There are plenty of warnings and it is a sticky on the top of the manufacturers forum warning people. But the reason there is an OES forum is so the mods can categorize topics. I think it works pretty well in this case because anyone doin any research will be educated.
    Thanks Dutch, you said it way better than I could have
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Images
    I noticed that on the OES website, his order page is handled by a 3rd party (Core Commerce.com). I contacted them to inquire/report about the non-delivery of orders placed on that site & received this email back from Sam Anderson at Core Commerce. They include contact info, address & phone for Brian MacMillin so those Hammock Forum members who have paid for tarps they never received can request refunds. It's possible that Brian closed his company but failed to take his website down & it's now being used by someone else.
    ------- copy of email begins ---------

Hey Brian,
    We only host this online store. Shipping products and delivering them is completely outside of our service. This is something that is completed on your end directly.

And we only cancel/closed accounts when we are notified by the admin directly or you fill out our cancellation form, which is located here > http://info.corecommerce.com/cancellation-request
    Looking further into this account, there was no cancellation request sent into us.

You can contact us at 615-550-5523. And our website is https://www.corecommerce.com/
    The account information is

MacMillin, Brian
    96 Sarah Wells Trail
    Campbell Hall NY 10916
    [email protected]
    I have also sent this case over to my manager for you. If you are needing anything else, please let us know.

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by DanFoto View Post
    I noticed that on the OES website, his order page is handled by a 3rd party (Core Commerce.com). I contacted them to inquire/report about the non-delivery of orders placed on that site & received this email back from Sam Anderson at Core Commerce. They include contact info, address & phone for Brian MacMillin so those Hammock Forum members who have paid for tarps they never received can request refunds. It's possible that Brian closed his company but failed to take his website down & it's now being used by someone else.
    ------- copy of email begins ---------

Hey Brian,
    We only host this online store. Shipping products and delivering them is completely outside of our service. This is something that is completed on your end directly.

And we only cancel/closed accounts when we are notified by the admin directly or you fill out our cancellation form, which is located here > http://info.corecommerce.com/cancellation-request
    Looking further into this account, there was no cancellation request sent into us.

You can contact us at 615-550-5523. And our website is https://www.corecommerce.com/
    The account information is

[Redacted]

I have also sent this case over to my manager for you. If you are needing anything else, please let us know.

While one can appreciate the thought and intent behind this, what you've essentially done is doxing, and is at best a bad idea, and at worst illegal in many states.

Mods, I'd suggest this post gets pulled down before someone gets in trouble.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Sounds like a Bob Marley tune: Doxxing

We doxxing
    I wanna dox it with you
    We doxxing
    I hope you like doxxing too
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast