Tarp
    WB, Towns-End, UGQ
    Insulation
    LSOH, JRB, UGQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Images

Testing the fit of Bridge Specific UQ's on the Towns End Luxury Bridge

Hey guys! Just want to start by saying I am in no way a genius, or otherwise inclined to the gift of exceptional smarts. I'm a run of the mill guy enjoying my Hammocks one hang at a time at home and in the woods. I just received a Towns End Luxury Bridge from Just Bill and wanted to check out to see if my Bridge specific Quilts might work. I currently have a UGQ Outdoors Ambush (10 degrees), and an Arrowhead Equipment RidgeCreek XL (3 Season). Here's what I've got so far...

This is how it came and what everything looked like unpacked and ready to go!
    IMG_3939.jpgIMG_3940.jpgIMG_3941.jpg

He had it set up in his shop, so Hanging it was no problem. I quickly realized that there is no need to hang the foot End higher. At least for me.
    IMG_3942.jpg

I had a few head scratching tries as I couldn't figure out how to get rid of the sag.
    IMG_3943.jpg

What I've done for the time being seems to work as I continue to scratch my head and ponder if I'm happy or if it needs another tweak.
    IMG_3950.jpgIMG_3949.jpgIMG_3948.jpgIMG_3945.jpgIMG_3947.jpg

I ended up with 4 sections of shock Cord. The two at the head End are a bit longer. I made a prussics knot on the dog bones, and made a loop on the other. At the head End, I wrapped it around the end of the spreader bars, then clipped the biners on to the loop. At the foot end, I clipped the biners to the loops and the dogbone itself. And this is what I'm working with right now...
    IMG_3951.jpgIMG_3958.jpgIMG_3953.jpgIMG_3952.jpg

The bridge is wider than the quilt, but that hasn't been a big deal so far. It seems nice and warm, and I'll need a couple of overnights to make sure there are no pesky drafts. When my lovely assistant (the wife) gets home I'll try to get some pics with it loaded and check for any gaps I may be missing. Anyhow, so far so good, I'll also give the AHE a try and get some pics of it as well.

Sorry for the sideways photos. As stated before, not the most intellectually inclined fellow here.
    Last edited by Peppy; 09-22-2017 at 06:41.

• + New Posts