Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Hammock
    Towns End Lux Bridge
    Insulation
    AHE/LLBEAN
    i run that same set up 3/4 AHE and Thermarest in my RR. Hope to do similar in the Lux, but its a single layer..,. Now the long wait for USPS to get it to me.... Warbonnet is so mainstream these days, nice to find a little cottage bridge!

Hammock
    Town's End bridge
    Tarp
    MWG Membrane Sil
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ/Thermarest
    Suspension
    straps/buckles
    Images
    Bill suggested the Duo pad as you can't fall off of it and because of it's "underquilt-like" fit. Like in my WBRR, I'll also be trying the regular L/W pad with a shorter head-end bar-I preferred this in the WBRR with the Pad. Which AHE UQ do you have? I hope to try my 3S Jarbidge as well. It's size and thickness seem more promising than my short 1S Ridge Creek in the Lux, although as it has been stated, no coverage beyond either side of the bars.

Hammock
    Town's End / DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    Winter Haven 13
    Insulation
    HG, SLD, DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
    Oh yes...I was quite pleased! Even with all 4 sides down there was more than enough room inside. When I go to NH in a couple weeks, I'll take a bunch of pictures of the BGBH with the WD12 tarp "in the wild." D2046adeI'll get some with/without the UQ and also some with the "doors" closed on the tarp in severe weather mode. If I feel adventurous enough I'll shoot a video "review" of the hammock also.
    Did you ever have a chance to do a review?

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Donfish06 View Post
    Did you ever have a chance to do a review?
    As a matter of fact I didn't. I ended up making the HG UQ Incubator work out great by adding AHE Triangle Thingies. They attach to the ridgeline at each end and pull the corners of the UQ out so it doesn't make the bridge look like a "canoe" when using a gathered end UQ with a bridge. I'm not much of a person to do reviews or videos. I'm using the BGBH with a new hammock hot tent in the next month or so. I'll try to shoot some video and/or photos & post them here to show what I've done.
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Hammock
    Town's End / DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    Winter Haven 13
    Insulation
    HG, SLD, DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    As a matter of fact I didn't. I ended up making the HG UQ Incubator work out great by adding AHE Triangle Thingies. They attach to the ridgeline at each end and pull the corners of the UQ out so it doesn't make the bridge look like a "canoe" when using a gathered end UQ with a bridge. I'm not much of a person to do reviews or videos. I'm using the BGBH with a new hammock hot tent in the next month or so. I'll try to shoot some video and/or photos & post them here to show what I've done.
    What is the issue with having it look like a canoe? I have an Incubator also, and while I have only slept in mine indoors, it seems like mine seals up nicely with the shock cord "pully" things that Bill includes.

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    What is the issue with having it look like a canoe? I have an Incubator also, and while I have only slept in mine indoors, it seems like mine seals up nicely with the shock cord "pully" things that Bill includes.
    I wasn't sure of the tightness or coverage of the UQ that way or if it would tend to slide to one side or the other. So I experimented with the AHE Triangle Thingie and it worked for me. That was 5 years ago and if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I just like how the AHE spreads the UQ out more under the hammock. Just my opinion only. May not do anything function-wise once I lay in the hammock if I just clipped the ends of the UQ at the biners like the photos above. I think the AHE just helps to keep the UQ in position.
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Hammock
    Town's End / DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    Winter Haven 13
    Insulation
    HG, SLD, DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    How do you attach the triangle thingies to the quilt corners? I can't figure it out

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    How do you attach the triangle thingies to the quilt corners? I can't figure it out
    About 1.5 - 2 feet down each side are sewn-in plastic triangles that I can connect small biners to.

P5090012.JPGP5090015.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Town's End / DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    Winter Haven 13
    Insulation
    HG, SLD, DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    About 1.5 - 2 feet down each side are sewn-in plastic triangles that I can connect small biners to.

P5090012.JPGP5090015.JPG
    Thanks! I couldn't figure out how you had the triangle thingies outside of the. Spreader bars yet attached at these points. Then I saw your post from awhile back on the update on the bridge hammock thread of Just Bill's that you goarpund the bars back to the d rings. I've replicates this, and I must say, I like it much better.

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    Thanks! I couldn't figure out how you had the triangle thingies outside of the. Spreader bars yet attached at these points. Then I saw your post from awhile back on the update on the bridge hammock thread of Just Bill's that you goarpund the bars back to the d rings. I've replicates this, and I must say, I like it much better.
    Yeah..it works for me quite well so it's a keeper. I just bought a 2nd BGBH from Bill and will do the same with that one also. Or maybe tinker around with some other setup. You never know!

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast