Hammock
    Towns end, WBRR
    Tarp
    Mini/thunder, ugq
    Insulation
    AHE,zenbivy,JRB,HG
    Suspension
    HG UL Daisy chain
    So glad to see more and more traction on Bill’s stuff! I know it’s always been highly regarded but more so now, than ever. I’ve been using JRB’s mt Washington full length quilts and find they work fantastic on my happy medium. Just a little background on my setup. I never scoot my head under the bar and prefer to use the head end beyond the bar for storage as well as a peak storage pocket from hammock gear as seen in the photos. I hook my head end of the quilt directly to the bar ends, and secure with a piece of shock cord with loops on each from end from tip to tip of the spreader bar. I don’t ever want my spreader bars popping out and popping a hole in my hammock. At the foot end, bill provides Prussics on the suspension triangles. I larks headed a couple of warbonnets large rubber bands (I think the same ones he uses for the wookie). That is where I hook my foot end with mini biners. I like to really string my underquilt tight on bridges. The problem spot insulating these bridges seem to be the underside of your knee/calves area directly inline with the spreader bar. That’s where the hammock body puckers up to give great support to the backside of the knee area but because your feet drop the hammock body back down it creates that gap under the calves. You guys seem to have remedied it another way but I simply spread the underquilt out and pull it up directly at the bar with little clips I bought on Amazon and attached to the quilt. I then ran a small shock cord loop from the clip to the spreader bar on each side. I know this is wordy and I hope not to hard to understand. The attached quilt keeps the hammock open wide and clips on with no fiddle factor.
    ps… don’t mind my Blair witch basement!
    kris
    Last edited by Kmazuro; 02-16-2023 at 06:20.

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmazuro View Post
    So glad to see more and more traction on Bill’s stuff! I know it’s always been highly regarded but more so now, than ever. I’ve been using JRB’s mt Washington full length quilts and find they work fantastic on my happy medium. Just a little background on my setup. I never scoot my head under the bar and prefer to use the head end beyond the bar for storage as well as a peak storage pocket from hammock gear as seen in the photos. I hook my head end of the quilt directly to the bar ends, and secure with a piece of shock cord with loops on each from end from tip to tip of the spreader bar. I don’t ever want my spreader bars popping out and popping a hole in my hammock. At the foot end, bill provides Prussics on the suspension triangles. I larks headed a couple of warbonnets large rubber bands (I think the same ones he uses for the wookie). That is where I hook my foot end with mini biners. I like to really string my underquilt tight on bridges. The problem spot insulating these bridges seem to be the underside of your knee/calves area directly inline with the spreader bar. That’s where the hammock body puckers up to give great support to the backside of the knee area but because your feet drop the hammock body back down it creates that gap under the calves. You guys seem to have remedied it another way but I simply spread the underquilt out and pull it up directly at the bar with little clips I bought on Amazon and attached to the quilt. I then ran a small shock cord loop from the clip to the spreader bar on each side. I know this is wordy and I hope not to hard to understand. The attached quilt keeps the hammock open wide and clips on with no fiddle factor.
    ps… don’t mind my Blair witch basement!
    kris
    That looks like a nice set up also! Do you have a link to those clips from Amazon?
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Hammock
    Towns end, WBRR
    Tarp
    Mini/thunder, ugq
    Insulation
    AHE,zenbivy,JRB,HG
    Suspension
    HG UL Daisy chain
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
    That looks like a nice set up also! Do you have a link to those clips from Amazon?
    hope this works!https://a.co/d/83P9KYq

kris

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmazuro View Post
    hope this works!https://a.co/d/83P9KYq

kris
    Yes - link worked. Thanks.
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345