DW Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    Kelty Noahs 12
    Insulation
    HG Econ Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Wide Chameleon

I have been debating whether i want to wait for a DL wide chameleon or go with the standard width. One problem is that i have not seen very many pictures and no videos showing the wide version and how it works with the bugnet/topcover. If anyone has any pictures/videos showing the wide it may help me out a ton. Also, any opinions on wide vs standard are welcome. I am upgrading from a ENO DN which i have been comfortable in. Have been looking at longer options and the Chameleon has stood out to me. This forum has been so nice and helpful for me as a new hanger, I wish i could find a nearby hang or get one of each to try but funds are limited and my wife doesnt really love my "new hobby". Thanks all

I'm afraid I don't have the answers to your question regarding the Chameleon, so forgive me for getting your hopes up on that. However, I'm relatively new to hammocking as well. I recently upgraded from an ENO DN to a larger hammock as well, and you will find, IMO, it will be much more comfortable. I personally went with a Sheltowee Hammock Company Double Arch. I'm not sure they're still offered. It doesn't have the attached bugnet. I love it, but I've also been eyeing the Chameleon.

Good luck - you'll love the longer hammock.

Hammock
    Chameleon Wide
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Beetles
    I was one of the kickstarter backers when Dutch introduced his new creation. About halfway through the program he offered the wide version (but only in a few colors). As I am 6'2", I have found the wide hammocks are much more comfortable...needless to say I opted for the wide option but failed to change my color that coincided with what was offered in the wide hexon. When fulfillment of orders went out, I was shipped the standard width version. I figured I would give it a try in the garage and see how it fit...overall I would have been happy with it, but felt the wider would be better for my height. Dutch gladly swapped it out for the wide version and it was every bit the right choice. Bugnet, topcover, UQs and TQs all fit perfect. The 1.6 hexon is wonderful to sleep on. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. I hope this helps.

Hammock
    DW Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    Kelty Noahs 12
    Insulation
    HG Econ Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Wide Chameleon

thanks for your help, coming from the 74" doublenest, i assumed i would prefer the wide, just have to wait for it to be available. I am 6' 200lbs and can get a comfortable flatish lay in my DN so i am impatiently excited for this upgrade. i was a little worried about how the bug. et/topcover would fit the wide, thanks for making me feel better about waiting.

Hammock
    Chameleon Wide
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Beetles
    Some time back, Dutch noted that he had some wide fabric in burnt orange 1.6 hexon. Might be worth a PM to Dutch asking him if its still available.

Hammock
    Switchback 1.1 dbl WBXLC
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    JRB TQ HG UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

Wide chameleon

IMG_20170905_182236.jpg
    Wide Chameleon in green, Blackbird XLC in coyote. Im 6'1" 200 lbs and love it but have no standard width to compare.
    Last edited by Usadave; 09-22-2017 at 11:34.
    Give a man enough ripstop and he'll hang himself.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I was just up visiting Dutch shop a few days ago and was told they can do a wide Chameleon
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    CRO Up Wide
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    I bought a single layer, single width Chameleon in 1.6 Hexon and experienced a calf ridge problem that I could not resolve. (Fortunately, my wife loves that hammock, so it all worked out). I'm 6'2'' and 245# with a history of lower leg and knee injuries. Would the double wide still have a pronounced calf ridge? If anyone has tried both hammocks, I'd sure love a comparison. Thank you.

Hammock
    Dutchware or Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Wide Chameleon

I also bought the wide version as part of the Kickstarter campaign.

I’m 5’10” and find the extra material of the wide hangs in my face if I don’t have the bugnet zipped.

Macgyver and UsaDave,what’s your experience? It doesn’t sound like you have that problem.

I like to lay in my hammocks without a net if it’s nice and the bugs aren’t out. I find the extra material allows the zipper to fold down around my nose and at eye level.

It’s annoying me to the point that I may sell it as I don’t have that problem with my WBBB or DH.

I think it’s due to the wide width and extra material but I’m curious about your experience.

It could always be user error!

Billio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by billio View Post
    I also bought the wide version as part of the Kickstarter campaign.

I’m 5’10” and find the extra material of the wide hangs in my face if I don’t have the bugnet zipped.

Macgyver and UsaDave,what’s your experience? It doesn’t sound like you have that problem.

I like to lay in my hammocks without a net if it’s nice and the bugs aren’t out. I find the extra material allows the zipper to fold down around my nose and at eye level.

It’s annoying me to the point that I may sell it as I don’t have that problem with my WBBB or DH.

I think it’s due to the wide width and extra material but I’m curious about your experience.

It could always be user error!

Billio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are you using the tie outs. I can't see this happening if you are.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast