Hammock
    Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle
    Quick report from my first night in the hammock...

I slept wonderfully, in temps down to around 50-55 with the Snugpak UQ and a barely-modified CDT for a TQ. I had a little cool spot in the middle of my back for the first part of the night, and until I cinched up the UQ a little. Looking at my "after" photos, it's clear that my hang-fu isn't where it needs to be, but I'll get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    HH Expedition
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    HG 40 degree
    Suspension
    HH w/ garda hitch
    Welcome to the forum. I am down in Sarasota, looking to hang in Fort Desoto Park in November, early December

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Welcome aboard from Lakeland. The posting is up for our first hang of the season.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...e-gt-Nov-10-12

The next will be Dec. 1-3 at Isabelle Creek in LWRSF. With possibly a weekender at Gator Hole in Green Swamp in between. We'll be looking for you in the woods.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle
    Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post
    The next will be Dec. 1-3 at Isabelle Creek in LWRSF. With possibly a weekender at Gator Hole in Green Swamp in between. We'll be looking for you in the woods.
    I saw that... is it strange that it's less than an hour from Highlands Hammock State Park?

My schedule is more or less run by our 2-year-old, so I may or may not be able to free up a weekend to attend, but it sounds like a great time. I had my kit apart tonight to add some things (half the fun for me). I'll start another thread on that...

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaNu1142 View Post
    I saw that... is it strange that it's less than an hour from Highlands Hammock State Park?

My schedule is more or less run by our 2-year-old, so I may or may not be able to free up a weekend to attend, but it sounds like a great time. I had my kit apart tonight to add some things (half the fun for me). I'll start another thread on that...

My schedule is also ran by a 2 year old, our last granddaughter, but I wouldn't have it any other way. We have her tuesday thru Friday. Day care wouldn't teach her how to catch lizazazazads, that's how she says lizard, probably not spelled right but that's close. Or teach her about the sweet nectar in a Turks Cap. That was one of her most recent discoveries. Mama and Daddy still aren't too sure about her exposure to Grandad. But the kid has grit and can scare me at times. She's almost faster than me!

Kinda strange but I was just looking at your introduction thread and thinking how generic my response was. Just about the same time you were typing your response. I will continue in this in the introduction forum. Still looking forward to meeting up in the woods.
    Last edited by olddog; 10-02-2017 at 20:35.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12