Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    Images

New ENO Hammock Stand

I see that ENO recently came out with a portable stand similar to the Tato Ultimate Hammock Stand. Anyone have one of these yet? I have one of the Tato stands and it's great for car camping. My only problem is the width when collapsed is 45", so when motorcycle camping it's a bit long and bulky to attach to the bike. The ENO stand is significantly more compact at 35", but it doesn't stand as tall when set up. Also, the top rail length on the Tato is 13' while the ENO top rail is 9.5'. May not work with an 11' hammock, but with a 10.5' hammock with an 83% ridge line it would put the hammock at 8.7' and a 10' hammock at 8.3'. The suspension adjustment may be an issue and the ground clearance may be minimal. I'm wondering if this may work and solve my transport issue.

https://www.rei.com/product/113163/e...-hammock-stand
    Last edited by Bizzz; 09-13-2017 at 12:16.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Just looking at the photos I see legs, arms and heads hanging off...side-sitting lounging...doesn't inspire confidence.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    Just looking at the photos I see legs, arms and heads hanging off...side-sitting lounging...doesn't inspire confidence.
    Yeah, it looks pretty short and my confidence isn't high. If I can make this work even with minimal clearances and get a comfortable hang, it will certainly solve my problem. At least with REI, it's an easy return.

Hammock
    DH Raven/SLD Trail lair
    Tarp
    UGQ WD/SLD Asym
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DutchBuckle &Sling
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizzz View Post
    Yeah, it looks pretty short and my confidence isn't high. If I can make this work even with minimal clearances and get a comfortable hang, it will certainly solve my problem. At least with REI, it's an easy return.
    Please be sure to post pics and your review. my first thought is how short it is.....but may be wrong. it does say 13ft....but don't state if that is the ridge poll or the over all length with legs splayed out. if that includes the legs, that is one short poll, but could be easy to swap out for a longer one probably.
    When the wife asks, I simply say "Shug made me do it".

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NarlocB View Post
    Please be sure to post pics and your review. my first thought is how short it is.....but may be wrong. it does say 13ft....but don't state if that is the ridge poll or the over all length with legs splayed out. if that includes the legs, that is one short poll, but could be easy to swap out for a longer one probably.
    If I do end up purchasing, I'll probably wait for the next 20% coupon to knock $50 off the price. The 13' threw me at first....I believe that is the total distance from the support legs. The hammock attachment points are 9.5' apart.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair, DH's, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Bandit/ Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Dutch Swag
    I bought one as a gift for a friend who uses an Eno. Theconnections are only about 9-91/2 feet apart and the height of the stand is like 5 feet. I tried putting my 10' DH Dangerbird on and it was a complete no go. Get the Tato stand instead....

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailDaze View Post
    I bought one as a gift for a friend who uses an Eno. Theconnections are only about 9-91/2 feet apart and the height of the stand is like 5 feet. I tried putting my 10' DH Dangerbird on and it was a complete no go. Get the Tato stand instead....
    Excellent info thanks! Kind of what I suspected based on the specs

My wife got me an ENO doublenest and the Nomad stand for my birthday earlier this year - with the hopes that I'd be happy just hanging in our back yard. (It spawned my whole venture into hammock camping --- so, she's not sorry she got me the gift, but she kind of is.... )

The Nomad ridgepole measures about 9' 10.5" in length from end to end. I'd say the end tripods put the ridgepole somewhere between 4 to 4.5 ft high.... but I haven't measured that exactly.

Seems like for an 11' hammock you would be better off with the Tato.. I can throw up a picture or two of it set up in my yard (my first overnight outside & trying to use an existing tarp we had in the garage...and then going with the 10 x 10 Coleman canopy as a rain cover instead over July 4th)---- if you think that would help.

And it does pack down into a bag that's a little smaller (at least I think) than a golf bag. Not sure if you'd really want to strap this down on your motorcycle either though....might still be kind of bulky.
    Last edited by Tigglet; 09-13-2017 at 19:41. Reason: additional info....

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigglet View Post
    My wife got me an ENO doublenest and the Nomad stand for my birthday earlier this year - with the hopes that I'd be happy just hanging in our back yard. (It spawned my whole venture into hammock camping --- so, she's not sorry she got me the gift, but she kind of is.... )

The Nomad ridgepole measures about 9' 10.5" in length from end to end. I'd say the end tripods put the ridgepole somewhere between 4 to 4.5 ft high.... but I haven't measured that exactly.

Seems like for an 11' hammock you would be better off with the Tato.. I can throw up a picture or two of it set up in my yard (my first overnight outside & trying to use an existing tarp we had in the garage...and then going with the 10 x 10 Coleman canopy as a rain cover instead over July 4th)---- if you think that would help.

And it does pack down into a bag that's a little smaller (at least I think) than a golf bag. Not sure if you'd really want to strap this down on your motorcycle either though....might still be kind of bulky.
    What a great gift from your wife. Thanks for all the info...I appreciate it. Unfortunately it looks like even a 10ft hammock may be too long for the stand and that's the shortest length I'm willing to go. The 35" length of the stand in the bag even with the width bulk would actually be fine on the bike. It's the 45" length of the Tato stand that's just a bit too much.

Hammock
    WWM with Dynaglide whoopies
    Tarp
    8.5x10 Zpack
    Insulation
    down
    Suspension
    DreamHmck slng/tog
    ENO products are often designed to exclusively use ENO hammocks that are probably 3 meters long--9' and a few inches. Can't you just smell the corporate marketing in that decision?

• + New Posts