Hammock
    Dream Hammock Raven D/L
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    0 and 30 Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    How does the 2.2 Hex 70 XL compare to the Hyper D 1.6? I understand it would be a bit heavier but does it have a feel similar to the 1.6?

Hammock
    DH Raven (5103)
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex 70D
    Insulation
    HG Econ UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    I just got my first UQ for my Raven. It's an Econ Incubator from HG. I was uncertain how it would attach to without having UQ hooks, but after getting get it I can't see how hooks would have made it better. The thing just stays in place. No issues at all.
    I LOVE my Raven. I've camped twice since August with the new UQ and have had no issues at all having it stay in place.
    Go with the Raven. The fact you can remove the bugnet or overcover made it an easy choice, at least for me.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Hammock
    DH Raven/SLD Trail lair
    Tarp
    UGQ WD/SLD Asym
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DutchBuckle &Sling
    Quote Originally Posted by adam.b View Post
    I just got my first UQ for my Raven. It's an Econ Incubator from HG. I was uncertain how it would attach to without having UQ hooks, but after getting get it I can't see how hooks would have made it better. The thing just stays in place. No issues at all.
    I LOVE my Raven. I've camped twice since August with the new UQ and have had no issues at all having it stay in place.
    Go with the Raven. The fact you can remove the bugnet or overcover made it an easy choice, at least for me.
    i'm still learning from mine. I slept in my Raven for the last 4 days and my econ incu kept moving on me. i would wake up with a cold shoulder and have to unzip reach around and rearrange it. Will experiment more this week.
    When the wife asks, I simply say "Shug made me do it".

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NarlocB View Post
    i'm still learning from mine. I slept in my Raven for the last 4 days and my econ incu kept moving on me. i would wake up with a cold shoulder and have to unzip reach around and rearrange it. Will experiment more this week.
    More than likely don't have the UQ set up correctly. Either ends are cinched too much or primary suspension is too tight or too loose. Also you can bias the primary by wrapping it a time or two around the hammock whipping end to the side of your head and shoulder.
    Shug
    He made you do it.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    DH Raven/SLD Trail lair
    Tarp
    UGQ WD/SLD Asym
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DutchBuckle &Sling
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    More than likely don't have the UQ set up correctly. Either ends are cinched too much or primary suspension is too tight or too loose. Also you can bias the primary by wrapping it a time or two around the hammock whipping end to the side of your head and shoulder.
    Shug
    yea i'm thinking i made it to tight and when i tossed over to my side to sleep it moved.

But as you said

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    He made you do it.
    And so it shall be done!!
    When the wife asks, I simply say "Shug made me do it".

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveE View Post
    How does the 2.2 Hex 70 XL compare to the Hyper D 1.6? I understand it would be a bit heavier but does it have a feel similar to the 1.6?
    I can not comment on the Hyper D, but I have the 2.2 Hex XL single layer and really like it. I am confident that it will serve me well. In orange nontheless, with a bright blue top cover. I purchased the hammock off the FS forum.

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex 70D
    Insulation
    UGQ Bandit/LLG CP
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by adam.b View Post
    I just got back from a weekend in the BWCA and my Loco Libre Cayenne Pepper underquilt worked great with my Raven, stayed toasty warm into the mid 30's. I was initially a little concerned about not having UQ hooks also, but then I thought a lot of hammocks don't have them as options and underquilts work fine on them. I am very happy with the Raven and having the ability to store the bugnet along the ridgeline if not currently needed but ready to deploy if the need arises is a cool feature.

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Love my Raven. Don't need UQ hooks. All three of my UQs (2 Loco Libre and my DIY CDT) have stayed in place with no problem.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Raven D/L
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    0 and 30 Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    I just ordered a DL Raven and asked if Randy could put a snap at the end of each zipper to alleviate the issue of the zippers coming undone if not careful when getting in and out. He happily obliged so I will report back once I get it and let you know if that works! I know it's not a huge issue with the zippers but my kids will be using it too and I wanted to make it as fool proof as possible

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    Xenon hex tarp
    Insulation
    Snugpak Underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Just ordered a Darien in robic 1.2, I am sure that it is the superior choice!

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast