Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images

Question HG 2mm reflective glow wire

I'm ordering a 100' hank of their 2mm glow wire and some Lineloc 3's for my OMW and was wondering if its spliceable? If it is id like to have a small spliced loop on one end to go around my stakes and the tag end running up to the Lineloc. It doesn't say in the description on the HG website if it is or not , so I figured I'd check here to see if anyone else has used it and/or knows if Its hollow core like Amsteel or braided masons line so I can splice the loops instead of using knots. Right now I'm using Reflect - It I got from Dutch and I like it but it gets knots and tangles easily so I wanna go with something a little larger in diameter and stiffer. And since I'm already placing my custom -10° quilt order with them today, I figured I'd pick up some other small stuff I "need" at the same time. So I'd love to know what others experience with the reflective 2mm glow wire that HG makes in house has been and if they've spliced it, how it went. Thanks!
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    BoneFire,DIY Bridge,DH
    Tarp
    HG DCF,UGQ,DIY
    Insulation
    BoneFire,UGQ,Clew
    Suspension
    BoneFire Deluxe
    This is not made in-house at HG, to the best of my knowledge this is a Lawson product. It has a core, so it is not really spliceable. It will hold knots far better than any coated UHMWPE cord.
    -Carter

www.RipstopbytheRoll.com| "The Best Fabrics on Earth. Guaranteed."

Hammock
    WB--Dutch-Clark-Amok
    Tarp
    WB-CC-UGQ-Amok
    Insulation
    Down and Synthetic
    Suspension
    CL/Becket~LA/ 7/64
    If the cord is indeed made by Lawson, his website says: High Tenacity polyester jacket, 2 super Scotlite tracers, polyester fiber core, 500lbs break strength
    Livin’ Large ~ Horizontally

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Maybe I misunderstood the description or its wrong then : http://www.hammockgear.com/reflectiv...nk/?fullSite=1. I kinda thought it wasn't hollow core, but just wasn't totally positive, thanks for clarifying. Oh well, I still wanna get it and I'll just tie a small loop at the ends instead. Seems like it won't tangle as easy as the reflect it does since its stiffer and a larder diameter. And with the lineloc 3's I'll be able to leave them on the tarp in the snake skin and not have a rats nest if I don't wrap them up like I have to with the reflect it. Picking knots and tangles out of that stuff is ridiculous lol.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    BoneFire,DIY Bridge,DH
    Tarp
    HG DCF,UGQ,DIY
    Insulation
    BoneFire,UGQ,Clew
    Suspension
    BoneFire Deluxe
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    Maybe I misunderstood the description or its wrong then : http://www.hammockgear.com/reflectiv...nk/?fullSite=1. I kinda thought it wasn't hollow core, but just wasn't totally positive, thanks for clarifying. Oh well, I still wanna get it and I'll just tie a small loop at the ends instead. Seems like it won't tangle as easy as the reflect it does since its stiffer and a larder diameter. And with the lineloc 3's I'll be able to leave them on the tarp in the snake skin and not have a rats nest if I don't wrap them up like I have to with the reflect it. Picking knots and tangles out of that stuff is ridiculous lol.
    Looks like a copy and paste from lawson's site: http://lawsonequipment.com/Cordage/R...ire-p1024.html
    -Carter

www.RipstopbytheRoll.com| "The Best Fabrics on Earth. Guaranteed."

I have some of the Lawson glowwire and it is not hollow core. His ironwire is hollow core and is available with the reflective tracers. The ironwire is a little thicker and comparable to zing it. I have a bunch of the Lawson stuff and it is wonderful, but a little difficult to keep all the variations straight.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    I can see how it might be tricky since there are so many dif variations, thanks for the info. I think I'll pick some up.

Hammock
    The cured intestines of my enemies
    Tarp
    Wing of bat
    Insulation
    Possum fur
    Suspension
    of disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPhun View Post
    [Lawson's] ironwire is hollow core and is available with the reflective tracers...
    Got a link for that? I can't see any ironwire with reflective tracers on his website: http://lawsonequipment.com/Cordage-c152/

They must be out at the moment. I didn't buy this that long ago:

IMG_0002.jpg

Hammock
    DIY 11 ft Double Layer
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Inc30 / B40
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    I'm ordering a 100' hank of their 2mm glow wire and some Lineloc 3's for my OMW and was wondering if its spliceable? If it is id like to have a small spliced loop on one end to go around my stakes and the tag end running up to the Lineloc. It doesn't say in the description on the HG website if it is or not , so I figured I'd check here to see if anyone else has used it and/or knows if Its hollow core like Amsteel or braided masons line so I can splice the loops instead of using knots. Right now I'm using Reflect - It I got from Dutch and I like it but it gets knots and tangles easily so I wanna go with something a little larger in diameter and stiffer. And since I'm already placing my custom -10° quilt order with them today, I figured I'd pick up some other small stuff I "need" at the same time. So I'd love to know what others experience with the reflective 2mm glow wire that HG makes in house has been and if they've spliced it, how it went. Thanks!
    We purchase all of our Glowire from Lawson Outdoors, so it will come in a package with his logo and info on there. The Glowire is not spliceable because of the core. Zing - It definitely is with the right tools, but not the Glowire.

Thanks,
    Harry Carlson
    Customer Support
    Hammock Gear
    [email protected]
    740-445-4327

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast