Fiancee and I decided to hit Dog Slaughter Falls and do some miles on the Sheltowee Trail in Kentucky while the temps were cooler than normal (58 for a high during Saturday). We got to try out the Birds Nest Bugnet from Dutchware.

First impressions from my fiancee is she loves it. She's a bit claustrophobic and loves how open it is inside. She is a bit more conscious when she has to get up in the middle of the night due to how it drops me down.

I really like it. The stuff sack included is large enough to hold both hammocks and after getting them set up inside you won't want to mess with that again. It's a slight PITA but worth it.

So I carried both hammocks and she carried the tarps. We brought 2 just in case of a surprise shower. We checked and double checked the weather with no rain forecasted but wanted to play it safe. I don't have a tarp large enough yet to cover both hammocks completely. The one used in the pictures is my OES MacCat Ultra. It covers her but the ends of mine are hanging out. My hammock is 11ft and hers is 10ft. Thankfully there was no rain and we never needed to setup the second tarp.

The easiest way to setup the underquilts is to stand inside the bugnet and set them up from inbetween the hammocks. Once everything was setup all our gear went inside on the ground pad of the bugnet underneath our hammocks.

2017-09-04_090706.jpg2017-09-04_090644.jpg