Hammock
    Eno doublenest
    Suspension
    Atlas straps

Recommendations for hammock camping near Point Reyes in CA + north

Hi everyone! New here, and fairly new to hammocks (this is the first year I've ever used one and I absolutely LOVE it!)
    I'm from the finger lakes region in NY and hike/camp regularly, I'm taking a trip to California for my birthday this Oct and I'm hoping to use the hammock to camp instead of a tent but I am having trouble ascertaining where would be best to do so.
    I've been to Point Reyes once, and the only campground I saw on that trip was the coast camp, which did not seem very hammock friendly due to lack of trees lol

I am hoping to find somewhere within 20-40 miles so I can still easily make it to point Reyes to hike and enjoy the beach, but also maybe find some new adventures as well!

After 2 days at Point Reyes I'll be heading North to Gualala and then further to fort Bragg, any suggestions for hammock friendly camping in any of those areas would be greatly appreciated!

Also if you have a favorite trail, area, etc to suggest I am open My goals for this trip are to spend time on the beach, see the coastal Redwoods (I saw the giant sequoias on my last trip and loved them!) And just soak in some of the beauty of NorCal as much as possible. I'm not too into the touristy areas, I prefer the hidden gems and am willing to put forth extra effort to reach them.

Hammock
    Black Bird
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Quote Originally Posted by Gygglio View Post
    Hi everyone! New here, and fairly new to hammocks (this is the first year I've ever used one and I absolutely LOVE it!)
    I'm from the finger lakes region in NY and hike/camp regularly, I'm taking a trip to California for my birthday this Oct and I'm hoping to use the hammock to camp instead of a tent but I am having trouble ascertaining where would be best to do so.
    I've been to Point Reyes once, and the only campground I saw on that trip was the coast camp, which did not seem very hammock friendly due to lack of trees lol

I am hoping to find somewhere within 20-40 miles so I can still easily make it to point Reyes to hike and enjoy the beach, but also maybe find some new adventures as well!

After 2 days at Point Reyes I'll be heading North to Gualala and then further to fort Bragg, any suggestions for hammock friendly camping in any of those areas would be greatly appreciated!

Also if you have a favorite trail, area, etc to suggest I am open My goals for this trip are to spend time on the beach, see the coastal Redwoods (I saw the giant sequoias on my last trip and loved them!) And just soak in some of the beauty of NorCal as much as possible. I'm not too into the touristy areas, I prefer the hidden gems and am willing to put forth extra effort to reach them.
    About the only place to hang at Pt. Reyes is Sky Camp sites #5 and #6. Nice camp overlooking Drakes Bay. You can always base camp out of Sky and day hike to the Coastal Trail. Make sure to make reservations, Rec.gov.. Sonoma County operates a great camp on the Gualala River with a trail to the beach. Should be hammock friendly. Reserve online Sonoma County Parks.

• + New Posts