Tarp
    OES MacCat
    Insulation
    UGQ UQ, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dublinlin View Post
    It's there!
    Not yet, I'm talking about the one for other hammocks and not Chameleons. Dutch put a post out about it just recently but it's not on their website as of yet....

I'm guessing 2 weeks.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    Quote Originally Posted by bradym77 View Post
    Not yet, I'm talking about the one for other hammocks and not Chameleons. Dutch put a post out about it just recently but it's not on their website as of yet....

I'm guessing 2 weeks.
    Oh! I do remember seeing that promo vid! I'd forgotten there is one in the works for the non-Chameleon hammocks!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC/R.R 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG/LocoL/AHE/UGQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Do you feel every little movement made by the other person in their hammock. Last time I shared a tree I could feel it every time they moved or shifted. Not the best way to get sleep.
    Hanging in the woods, paddlin and catching trout- My kind of living...

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvmyBonnet View Post
    Do you feel every little movement made by the other person in their hammock. Last time I shared a tree I could feel it every time they moved or shifted. Not the best way to get sleep.
    Didn't seem too bad the entire time we hung yesterday afternoon. We haven't had the chance to field test it over night yet, so I'll update with a review once we have.

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images

I'm guessing 2 weeks.
    I expect it tomorrow.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    Hybrid 1.7 GE, Happy Medium Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Winter
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    All of them! Ugh.
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvmyBonnet View Post
    Didn't seem too bad the entire time we hung yesterday afternoon. We haven't had the chance to field test it over night yet, so I'll update with a review once we have.
    My wife and I have been double hanging for at least a year and a half. We use a 30.5" spreader bar. We have no problem with the other moving, including getting in/out for early a.m. nature scannings. We're both small and light so I'd imagine that's a factor. We've done so mostly with DIY hammocks. While I used a fronkey net, my wife went without due to anxiety attacks. We bought a pair of chameleons but have yet to hang together on the trail with them. She has spent a few nights indoors with the net on, apparently it helps her a lot feeling that she can has a sense of control with the zipper. Most recently we bought the double dutch and hope to try it out on the Pinchot Trail next week. She seemed to be happy with that in the back yard.

Hammock
    LSOH Warrior Edge
    Tarp
    OES MacCat
    Insulation
    UGQ UQ, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I expect it tomorrow.
    Hoping to see it on the website soon as I have credit card in hand.

Dutch, do you need spreader bars for both the head and foot end or just the head end?

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    Hoping to see it on the website soon as I have credit card in hand.

Dutch, do you need spreader bars for both the head and foot end or just the head end?
    I'm not Dutch, but you just need a spreader bar for the head end. (I did run my foot end straps off opposite sides of the same tree to give the foot end a bit more space between, but it didn't need a second spreader bar at all. In fact, using a spreader bars at BOTH ends would probably greatly increase the amount of movement transferred from one hammock to the other.)
    Last edited by Dublinlin; 08-23-2017 at 14:05.

Hammock
    LSOH Warrior Edge
    Tarp
    OES MacCat
    Insulation
    UGQ UQ, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    I'm not Dutch, but you just need a spreader bar for the head end. (I did run my foot end straps off opposite sides of the same tree to give the foot end a bit more space between, but it didn't need a second spreader bar at all. In fact, using a spreader bars at BOTH ends would probably greatly increase the amount of movement transferred from one hammock to the other.)
    That's what I was thinking also. Just wanted to make sure as I've seen pictures with spreader bars on both ends and other pictures with it just on the head end. Thanks for the info!

Hammock
    Hybrid 1.7 GE, Happy Medium Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Winter
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    All of them! Ugh.
    Images
    I thought those inclined to double hang might be interested in this. Earlier in the year I started a project I called the Tree Belt for Two. The whole purpose was to reduce the hassle factor of setting up 4 straps and subsequent readjustments, especially at the head end.

After struggling a bit with 3000lb webbing and multi-buckles, Dutch suggested his daisy chain. At minimum a biner is required to join it around the tree, but in the first photo here I also used some shock cord to take the slack out, otherwise the whole thing would slide down the tree until some weight was put on it. I found the buckle shown in the 2nd photo to be far easier to use, greatly reducing the hassle factor. As I recall it's about 36grams so def not ultra light.

The daisy chain allows the hammock suspension to be kept separated as much as the tree size will allow. At the head end this reduces the stress on the spreader, at the foot end it just helps to keep a bit more separation without the use of a spreader. In bad weather we keep the foot end closer so that the doors can close better. Of course these things can be done with 4 straps as well, I just prefer dealing with one per tree.

I can't say that this system is even close to perfect, but it does for me what I set out to accomplish, so in that sense it's close enough to perfect until something better is dreamed up. Since this is still a works in progress, I haven't yet compared weight with a 4 strap system. Lately we've been using dyneema webbing (the white stuff) with it to cut some weight. So far they're working ok with the beetle buckles, but it requires vigilance of the webbing alignment each time before getting in the hammock. I suppose it helps that we're <=150.

In this photo though there are 3 soft shackles shown, only 2 are actually used in practice.

Sewn on buckle.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast