Hammock
    WBRR and 11' Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

video - on the CT with pup and the RR

It was time to get Max out for his first trip. Aside from losing him once, he did great. This was one of those cooler weekends after a round of rain came through and so there was plenty of water and low temperatures for August! We hiked along the Possum Creek section doing an out and back.

20170804_181502.jpg
    20170804_181447.jpg
    20170804_210559.jpg

If you're not familiar with the Cumberland Trail project, let me introduce you to it. It's a big deal in American backpacking. It will become one of the longest through hiking trails in America rivaling the AT. This trail is still in construction, so there are only segments in place. But there are plenty of segments and for the most part there is very little foot traffic. This means peace and quite...if you're into that sort of thing.

Maps to download: http://tnstateparks.com/about/park-t...umberlandtrail
    Interactive map: http://www.cumberlandtrail.guide/

http://www.greateasterntrail.net/
    http://www.cumberlandtrail.org/
    http://www.friendsofthecumberlandtrail.org/
    I enjoy working for my heat...it seems to make my food taste better. -Richard Proenneke

2TiedUp YouTube Channel

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Looked like a fun trip with a good buddy. How did you like that cloud burst? Did you seem seal the tie outs before you left? We need to get together again on a "lite hike" as I'm not in shape to do 10 miles just yet. Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Hammock
    WBRR and 11' Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    Looked like a fun trip with a good buddy. How did you like that cloud burst? Did you seem seal the tie outs before you left? We need to get together again on a "lite hike" as I'm not in shape to do 10 miles just yet. Thanks for sharing your trip with us.
    I like the Cloudburst because the pullouts are located at the bars of the ridgerunner and because it's a tad bit smaller than the superfly. I need to measure the ridge lines...I'd swear it's longer than the superfly. Maybe it was an optical illusion.
    I seam sealed the pullouts the day i opened the box. Now Warbonnet is putting a small tube of sealant in the box. Nice touch.
    Let's get together when it cools down more. I wouldn't have gone two weekends ago had it not been for the mild weather.
    I say we tackle some Cumberland Trail...the sound of the streams along the trails are very therapeutic after having to deal with the daily nuts in our lives!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I enjoy working for my heat...it seems to make my food taste better. -Richard Proenneke

2TiedUp YouTube Channel

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TiedUp View Post
    I like the Cloudburst because the pullouts are located at the bars of the ridgerunner and because it's a tad bit smaller than the superfly. I need to measure the ridge lines...I'd swear it's longer than the superfly. Maybe it was an optical illusion.
    I seam sealed the pullouts the day i opened the box. Now Warbonnet is putting a small tube of sealant in the box. Nice touch.
    Let's get together when it cools down more. I wouldn't have gone two weekends ago had it not been for the mild weather.
    I say we tackle some Cumberland Trail...the sound of the streams along the trails are very therapeutic after having to deal with the daily nuts in our lives!
    I'll be there but you are going to have to take it easy on me. I did a 5 mile hike today as one of my "I can't take not being on the trail any long even though it's in the 90's and high humidity hikes" and it was Ok. There was a good breeze but hiking soaking wet has it challenges. Getting older sucks as every time I go out something new hurts I'm hitting the trail hard for the next two weeks as my son and I are going out to Estes Park and doing some day hikes so I've got to get busy or he's going to kill me

Hammock
    WBRR and 11' Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    I'll be there but you are going to have to take it easy on me. I did a 5 mile hike today as one of my "I can't take not being on the trail any long even though it's in the 90's and high humidity hikes" and it was Ok. There was a good breeze but hiking soaking wet has it challenges. Getting older sucks as every time I go out something new hurts I'm hitting the trail hard for the next two weeks as my son and I are going out to Estes Park and doing some day hikes so I've got to get busy or he's going to kill me
    If you're going to Estes Park CO and hiking it'll be a little tough due to the elevation change. But when you get back you'll be a better man for it. I hiked in the Andes back in May at 15k ft elevation and i still have some left over conditioning from that. You'll feel like your lungs are going to implode and your heart is going to explode...but stick with it, it wont really explode.

2TiedUp YouTube Channel

Hammock
    Dutch Argon woodland camo
    Tarp
    DIY woodcamo 11x10
    Insulation
    Jarbidge UQ, HG 20
    Suspension
    Whoopie / cinch
    Agree the CT is hidden secret. Shhhh! I did Piney river section in the spring - I think off of your trip report?
    I'm going to get in a trip soon around my son's soccer matches at Lee in Cleveland.
    Thanks for the video.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBRR and 11' Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ccartertn View Post
    Agree the CT is hidden secret. Shhhh! I did Piney river section in the spring - I think off of your trip report?
    Yes...i was wondering how your trip went. I have a co-worker/friend who is up there on the Piney today to see the solar eclipse. That is an outstanding trail no doubt! My long-time friend who was with me went i went kept saying "this is theraputic!" all along the way.

2TiedUp YouTube Channel

Hammock
    12' Dutchware Gathered
    Tarp
    12' Dutch's Bonded
    Insulation
    W Logics UQ 40F
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Thanks for your video, I have a new puppy about the size of Max and have thought about taking him out with me in the future. Glad to see that small dogs can hike just like the larger guys.

Hammock
    WBRR and 11' Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by O-Boy View Post
    Thanks for your video, I have a new puppy about the size of Max and have thought about taking him out with me in the future. Glad to see that small dogs can hike just like the larger guys.
    Thanks...yes the little guys can do just fine. Plus they don't eat much so you don't have to pack much food!

2TiedUp YouTube Channel

Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveler
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    CCF Pad/ENO Blaze
    fun stuff! I got a kick out of the 'tents only' sign. what could they possibly mean by that? maybe they borrowed the sign from an RV campsite? like you said, I'm pretty sure they don't have an anti-hammocking policy on the CT.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast