ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    ENO Housefly
    Insulation
    Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    ENO Straps

What are some enclosed tarp options?

When I say a enclosed tarp, I mean where either end can close up. Something very similar to the photo below. I'm looking at some options but I want to see what are available before I buy. Links to purchase are nice to have.
    IMG_4678_zpsf69e8808.jpg

Hammock
    DIY 11' HyperD 1.0
    Tarp
    11' SilPoly Hex
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    If you're shopping from the cottage vendors, you want to look for a tarp that has "doors". Here are a few examples for starters:

Warbonnet Superfly

UGQ WinterDream

SLD Winter Haven

Wilderness Logics Oldman Winter

HG Cuben Fiber Palace

Hammock
    HH Expl Dlx, Dutch 11'
    Tarp
    HH Hex, Tadpole
    Insulation
    HH SS, Jarbidge
    Suspension
    various
    Hennessy has 2 options as well, the Typhoon and the Monsoon. https://hennessyhammock.com/collections/rainflies

ripstopbytheroll.com has kits for winter tarps, if you care to DIY.
    Thanks,
    Ranc0r

Hammock
    WBRR or Clark North American
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Ridge Reaper
    Suspension
    Cinch/Helios/Atlas
    The picture you've posted is the Eno Housefly. I personally have 2 tarps like this: Eno Housefly and Warbonney Superfly so can speak from first hand experience. The dimensions are almost identical. Eno's benefit comes from clips to hold the doors back and linelocs to tension the tie outs. Warbonnet's benefit comes from the pole mod tie outs.

Despite popular belief, both are bombproof and really well built. Most cottage vendors should do a good job. You're probably looking from something 10 1/2 - 12 feet long and 10 feet wide.

Hammock
    LSOH Warrior Edge
    Tarp
    OES MacCat
    Insulation
    UGQ UQ, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    If you're looking for something less pricey then you should check out the Kelty Noah 12. You can find it on Woot for around $40 often.
    2016-02-25_125712.png

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    NB: Technically, there is more than one kind of "winter tarp". Some winter tarps have doors on the end that are designed fold together in a flat plane at the end of the tarp, with the bottom corners of the door coming together In the same plane formed by the ridge line tie-out and the two corner tie-outs when the edges come together under the ridge line (at a specific ridge line height and lateral stance). Other winter tarps are designed to create a triangular vestibule at each end (again, when pitched at a specific ridge line height and lateral stance), so that the edges of the doors meet on a vertical directly below the ridge line tie-out when fully closed. Depending upon the length of the ridge line and location of the tie-out points, some rectangle tarps can be deployed in the former method for full enclosure.
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    I used to have the Henessy Typhoon. It did a great job keeping everything inside dry when buttoned up tight in storm mode, but its on the smaller size for winter tarps. There wasn't much room inside at all when the doors were on and the sides were pitched tight. Using the pull outs on the bottom of the doors helped and was a nice feature, but it was still a little tight inside.... And that's with a HH Expedition, which the smaller monsoon is meant for so I was using a smaller size hammock than the tarp was designed for and it was still tight to me. I tried using it with my XLC but it didn't fit right. The length was just barely long enough, but the coverage was off due to its shape vs the XLC shape. But now I have the WL old man winter and love it. Doors tied back its a great summer tarp and doors closed + pitched tight its great for summer storms and long, cold, windy, winter nights. I can kinda close the ends of my 10×10 Snugpak tarp some if I pitch it a certain way, but for any kind of heavy wind-driven rain its just not enough.

11' Old man winter w/ panel pulls , doors closed

OMW door open, all 4 panel pulls out staked out + both sides of XLC staked out ** note** I normally only use the panel pulls on the side of the tarp that i get in the XLC from since I don't go in or out of the "shelf side "when using it with the XLC.....unless I have heavy wind from that side, then I'll use those panel pulls to keep it from blowing in on me .

HH Typhoon w/ doors on, pitched tight ** note** inside , the sides of the tarp are only a few inches from the hammock net, good thing I had a classic entry or I would have had issues getting in and out

Typhoon one door off and pitched wide + asym pull outs on hammock staked out just enough to make a little room inside it
    Last edited by Chesapeake; 08-17-2017 at 11:19.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Here's my SimplyLightDesign Winter Haven buttoned down. If you want/need a tarp fast look no further. I ordered this tarp and had it in hand 3 days later and that was even seamed sealed as well. There's a Warbonnet Ridgerunner under this tarp
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    Here's my SimplyLightDesign Winter Haven buttoned down. If you want/need a tarp fast look no further. I ordered this tarp and had it in hand 3 days later and that was even seamed sealed as well. There's a Warbonnet Ridgerunner under this tarp
    'Slug, your Winter Havenhammock stand set-up is awesome!

Another proponent of Simply Light Designs, BTW, with similar experiences with Jared.
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12 & WD13
    Insulation
    UGQ, HG
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I have the UGQ Winter Dream and really like the snaps on the doors rather than tie downs with overlap. or Velcro to keep doors closed.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast