HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images

Thumbs down ENO better than Dutch ? NO FLIPPN WAY!

While going down yet another YouTube rabbit hole, I came across yet another top ten video. This time it was the " Top ten camping hammocks". And while Henessy, SMR and Dutchs' Chameleon did at least make the list, ENO had the #1 & #3 spots with Dutch #4 and SMR & HH at the bottom of the list. The rest are hammocks that Ive never heard of and of course there's ZERO mention of the WBBBXLC or any other cottage hammock. These stupid vids are by far a true top 10, and I'm surprised that the Chameleon even made the list! But I'm glad that it and SMR did, at least 2 of our wonderful vendors were "worthy enough" in the eyes of whoever made the vid.

https://youtu.be/7R5j15eMNDQ
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20*
    Suspension
    June Bugs
    Market share. Also we don't really know who sponsored this, that could have made the video biased

Hammock
    Dutch and Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG WP 12ft / UGQ W
    Insulation
    HG, UGQ and WB
    Suspension
    Dutch Stuff
    Guess you'll be seeing my chameleon in the for sale section so I can get that highly intuitive designed eno jungle nest.. After all, it made the top spot...

Joking aside- this vid gave me a nice late morning LOL. Thanks Chesapeake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch's prototypes
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    All Dutchware
    Knowing how bias a lot of those lists are, for the chameleon to make it on there just goes to show what an innovative product it is.
    Num Num Num

Hammock
    Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    These "channels" are just click bait bull****. They exist to make money off youtube clicks and that's it. Look at their video uploads, 5 best of this, 10 best of that. Meant to be taken as seriously as a bad joke. Just the fact that the ridiculous hydro hammock is even on their list blows any credibility at all, not that they were shooting for any.
    Once you're lost in twilight's blue, you don't find your way, the way finds you.

Hammock
    SLD Tree Runner 10'
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Insulation
    EE UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Huggers/Dutch
    Those lists are often commercially oriented, to the advantage of the people who post the list. I've recommended the cottage vendors to others who ignore the request because there is no "kickback" from the cottage vendor. It seems the poster of the list can possibly get a "click-thru" credit under some circumstances.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    That's what I was thinking too. It expected to see a HH on the list, and I'm surprised there weren't more ENOs' or any BIAS, Kammok, Grand Trunk type hammocks. Although, some of those aren't that bad and I'm sure a lot of us got our start with them or still use them now. I can't knock something I haven't tried, that's def not what this post is meant to be. I just think its funny that the truly innovative and most used hammocks by serious hammockers aren't listed other than Dutch, which deserves a higher spot than 2 ENO hammocks for sure. How can a failed kickstarter such as the oh so popular Hydro Hammock or the no name Brazilian make the list, and Warbonnets Blackbirds , any of Papa Smurfs hammocks, JRBs Bear Mtn Bridge ,Grizzs' Bridge, Dutch's half wit or any of the other TRUELY innovative hammocks not make it or even be an honorable mention? There are several more of these top 10 hammock videos and articles out there and they pop up here from time to time. All of them are the same, big box hammocks and Amazon specials comprise 90% of the list with a HH or maybe a hammock like the Chameleon thrown in to "cater" to us "hammock snobs" These lists obviously are meant for the masses who don't know much if anything at all about hammocking. I thought you guys would get a laugh out of this vid like I did and like that at least one of our ranks made there precious and ultra accurate Hammock Top 10 list lmao. WAY TO GO DUTCH!
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    While going down yet another YouTube rabbit hole, I came across yet another top ten video. This time it was the " Top ten camping hammocks". And while Henessy, SMR and Dutchs' Chameleon did at least make the list, ENO had the #1 & #3 spots with Dutch #4 and SMR & HH at the bottom of the list.
    Hey we all have opinions but that doesn't mean they are correct

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    Hey we all have opinions but that doesn't mean they are correct
    Lol, how true. Maybe if some of the cottage vendors threw money at them too their opinion would change? I'm totally shocked that they put Dutch on the list, I doubt he even knows lol. But hey at least its on there! These vids are def click bait like others mentioned.

Did you ever stare at 30 column inches of blank newspaper on Pagemaker? Or have you ever been told to write a ten best of anything? The writer most likely has never slept in a hammock nor has any knowledge of any of the other top ten things on the list to do before deadline. Quick on line searches bring some information and only the information seen quickly is used. Criteria for top ten can be anything including which Google brought up first in the search. The next writing assignment may have been top ten bathing suits or top ten secrets about the Amish. The writer finished the clickbait assignment and remained employed. You clicked on this and the advertisers paid for a hit on the accompanying advertisement. It's on the internet, it must be true-Yeah.

Cynical
    Bob

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast