New Hammock Magazine

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and I am trying to curate a collection of articles, stories, information, pictures, and diagrams for a new digital hammock magazine called Hangin'. When finished, the magazine will be able to be downloaded for free to any and all hammockers who love hanging out.

Feel free to post any content in this thread, and if you want to send anything privately, we can go through email.

Thank you all for your time!

Keep hangin'!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Images
    Hanginmag, welcome to the hammock forums. I applaund your efforts and look forward to looking at your first publication.
    Please DONOT take/copy/use any content from this site without the written permission of the contents owner. Meaning the forum member that posted the info.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Welcome! Sounds like a great idea, can't wait to check it out! Feel free to use any of my posts or pics from my albums , I don't mind at all. This will be a great way to get proper hang techniques, leave no trace ethics and cottage manufacturers gear out to the masses who might not know this side of hammocking exists. A lot of people that might have bought a " big box" hammock or a cheapie from Amazon have never heard of 30° hang angles, 83% ridge lines, whoopie slings, TQ's & UQ's, down vs synthetic or Shug lol. I know its kinda nice to keep our numbers small, but spreading the word about our principles, techniques and community will help keep hammocks from being banned at places because of the unknowing giving us a bad name so to say. A lot of those people won't want to get as involved as us anyway but if they now use straps instead of ropes and practice LNT, its a win-win for us all I think.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

So far this is the only source of information I have needed.
    Good luck.

(No permission given)
    I collect vintage camp stoves.
    I roast coffee at home.

• + New Posts