WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

amok winter light pad questions

I have a question for all you amok xl owners out there----how does the winter light pad hold up compared to the fjol as far as longevity and durability goes? I weigh around 265 and wasnt sure about the winter lite since its made of lighter materials. any other issues or problems? how is it as far as warmth ? I am currently usingh the fjol xl. I am a cold sleeper- it was around 32 degrees last night and I did a back yard hang. It was ok, but I need something that will take me a bit lower!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    It is fairly robust but not as robust as a non lightweight FJOL pad. For Winter you can't beat an Exped Winter pad like the Ultra 7R or Dura 8R. Not cheap but thick and comfy.https://www.rei.com/product/201640/e...r-sleeping-pad
    They have one with a 7.8 R-Value rating. That is around -30ºF thereabouts. I have a Winter Expedition and it is a great insulator and fits the AMOK.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    It is fairly robust but not as robust as a non lightweight FJOL pad. For Winter you can't beat an Exped Winter pad like the Ultra 7R or Dura 8R. Not cheap but thick and comfy.https://www.rei.com/product/201640/e...r-sleeping-pad
    They have one with a 7.8 R-Value rating. That is around -30ºF thereabouts. I have a Winter Expedition and it is a great insulator and fits the AMOK.
    Shug
    Thanks for the reply Shug! I tried using a exped dura long/wide in my draumer xl, but I didnt like the way the hammock felt . Seemed like the shorter pad was was putting some stress on the hammock, especially when i was laying on my side.
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebo View Post
    Thanks for the reply Shug! I tried using a exped dura long/wide in my draumer xl, but I didnt like the way the hammock felt . Seemed like the shorter pad was was putting some stress on the hammock, especially when i was laying on my side.
    You can always add a ccc foam pad under or on top of the AMOK pad. Boosts the warmth for sure.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts