Hammock
    DIY Bananahammock
    Tarp
    Dutch Duo
    Insulation
    DIY / HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Kevlar & UCR
    I added a little shock cord to the ridge creek and I think it works fine but I am a skinny guy.
    Get lost in the woods and find yourself again. A vacation,to me, is working with your hands and surviving because of the fruits of your labor. In the business world I teach;in the natural world I learn.

Hammock
    JustBill's Biggy Deluxe
    Tarp
    WB Super Fly
    Insulation
    Zepp/LL Ghost Pepr
    Images
    I've been fiddling with my Biggy Deluxe today. My goal was to see if my large Lazy Slug Tube would simplify set up and take down. I noticed that if I try to leave the suspension lines and RL connected to the biners and put it away, then when I set it back up it's always twisted to some degree. So far, the LST seems like it'll work well for that and envelope my bug net as well. If it continues to work like this, it'll speed and simplify set up quite a bit. Since it's a large one, it should allow the UQ to be attached as well, as I did with my WBBB XLC. It'll be a clip here, clip there, and insert pole ends deal. In theory anyway.

While I was at it, I got out my Loco Libre 3/4 UQ, Cayenne Pepper IIRC, to see if it would work. Now, I remember I ordered it a bit long, but don't remember how long. Anyway, it's 3/4 for me at 6'2". I clipped the suspension to the RL and pulled the lines over the pole ends. This seemed to work very well and should also keep the poles from slipping out of the suspension lines under the UQ's forces. I snugged up the end suspension of the UQ and it felt like a great seal. As with my Zeppelin, I used shock cord over the ridge line in the middle of the quilt.

The nice thing about a 3/4 UQ is the ability to more fully vent it in moderate weather, like when you go to sleep at 70* and wake up at 50*. Common in Texas. I can also unclip the mid section and pull the lines of the pole ends on one side, and pull the whole UQ to one side of the hammock. So it looks like we can add another UQ to the list, with the caveat that I tested it in my house. I can say that it immediately overheated me using the UQ while I was comfortable with the UQ off.
    But for the grace of God, there, I go...

Hammock
    Towns End Lux Bridge
    Insulation
    AHE/LLBEAN
    I'm having issues getting the Mount Washington 4 snug against my back in the Towns End Bridge. Anyone else having this problem? Also, the gaps on the sides are letting cold air seep in.

Hammock
    Towns-End
    Tarp
    WB, Towns-End, UGQ
    Insulation
    LSOH, JRB, UGQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Images
    I posted this in the JRB section. I’ve experienced no gaps. I use this on the Luxury Bridge and the same set up in my medium without the extra shock cord.

I use the suspension provided, but with minor tweaks. I use a small piece of shock cord at each end and attach a mini carabiner to it for the extra length.
    Attachment 156183
    I then use a mini carabiner on each end of the quilt and attach it to the Amsteel just above the hammock fabric.
    Attachment 156184Attachment 156186
    This set up allows for a good snug fit, but allows some wiggle room when the hammock is loaded. Works great for a set it, and forget it solution!
    Attachment 156185

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Sounds like Peppy has a good system worked out... I've never seen a mount washington in person so he's your man!

Johhny has the right idea though with the saggy bottom blues- a center pick up to RL helps seal things up better.
    I had to do that with the EE REVOLT. I also tucked my top quilt into that gap a bit at the center but that was a quilt I struggled with a bit to be blunt.

I ordered a few Zepplins to try out as well. Thus far the incubator fits me very well and has been the easiest to use.

I wish I could be more helpful but unfortunately I've been making my own hammock gear since I started so I'm just now trying to catch up on some other folks stuff. I've been picking up some other vendors gear just to try it for customers and get a better feel for how to help folks out. Realistically with my current demands at my day job I won't get a custom quilt going for some time.

Thankfully the testers and early adopters have been very helpful in that regard so I try to stay out of their way

Hammock
    sld tree runner dl
    Tarp
    sld trail haven
    Insulation
    Diy reflectics
    Suspension
    Woopie
    Just a quick update on the best way to hang your under quilt. I have read where several of you have been tryin to use the pole tips or the small loop of cord at the end of the polls. My advice would be try to use the prusik method and attach to the suspension triangles. The reason being is when I tried using the pole tip it holds the quilt wider when not it the hammock, but when you lay in the hammock it doesn’t allow the quilt to snug up against the sides, because it’s being held wide. When I connected to the suspension triangles it looked like the quilt wouldn’t lay flat under me, but I was wrong. The quilt spread out as soon as I layed in the hammock, and the gap that was at the side of the hammock was no longer there. The quilt snuggled up on the sides nicely. Give it a try and post your feed back.

Hammock
    Towns-End
    Tarp
    WB, Towns-End, UGQ
    Insulation
    LSOH, JRB, UGQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Images
    I only use the pole tips with a 3/4 quilt. My full sized quilts get hung pretty much like on a GE, except the MW4 which I still clip on the Amstel (mostly because it doesnt have a secondary suspension). I’ve learned the best thing to do is not overthink it! I sometimes use a piece of shock cord over the ridgeline to help, but not always.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    My bridge is 32" wide... at the center.
    Attachment 154873

Here's a Exped wide/long pad for further reference
    Attachment 154874

I'll email you, let's see if we can work something out to answer this question for everyone.
    These bridges are expensive enough so as much as possible I'm trying to make them work with some stock items for folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    Pads work exceptionally well, by far the best if you are stuck buying something is the Exped Hyperlight Duo Pad.
    Did you mean to say DUO? I ask because the DUO we have is double wide.

I have read this whole thread. I have followed the topic for some time.
    I am interested.
    I am not a big guy, 5'11 205, but as said in one of your posts, I have not been comfortable in a GE. I am better in a RR. My wife gets into the RR and soon falls asleep. She will not stay in a GE for more than a few minutes.

Now, after a reply, I will be following this thread.
    I get up to that part of Indiana now and then.

Ken in NC
    I collect vintage camp stoves.
    I roast coffee at home.

And ..
    There was no mention here of Loco Libre Ridge Reaper Underquilt for the bridge hammock.

Ken in NC
    I collect vintage camp stoves.
    I roast coffee at home.

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Ken-
    Yes I meant the duo- the double wide model. It turns the bridge into a floating bed of sorts.
    The Duo now comes in a medium and large and I only have the original. The newer one may even be too big but I haven't had access to one personally or heard from a customer or tester about it.

The LL Ridgerunner is (I believe) just getting to the first few early orders. I don't believe any of them are in possession of one of my bridges. That said, some customers have reported success with the RR specific quilts.

Given your size, I would think you would be able to use a regular or a RR based quilt. Some folks do struggle with the quilts, but generally these are the larger folks who have broad shoulders. I am a bit bigger than you (likely in the belly) at 5'10" and 230 ish these days. I wear a mens large or XL and if I was in shape would be 190-200. I have used both UGQ and the HG incubator with no special adjustments needed. I just clip them up to each end and go.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast