DH Raven/SLD Trail lair
    Tarp
    UGQ WD/SLD Asym
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DutchBuckle &Sling
    Quote Originally Posted by Brommeland View Post
    I'll chime in here as another satisfied customer of Bill's. Not only does he make a super product, but he is also a very good guy to deal with. He actually communicates with his customers in a prompt, concise & detailed manner! (A few other cottage guys could take a hint from this, btw)

I cannot recommend him and his product highly enough.
    +1 This is why i'm saving up my pennies now so i'm ready for the next batch.
    When the wife asks, I simply say "Shug made me do it".

Hammock
    Towns-End
    Tarp
    WB, Towns-End, UGQ
    Insulation
    LSOH, JRB, UGQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Images
    Really like my Luxury Bridge and Medium Bridge. Not trying to be a spokesman, but it truly is the most comfortable I've ever been in a hammock (and I prefer any Hammock over my bed)!

Hammock
    SLD 10' MTN 1.2
    Tarp
    HG Standard DCF
    Insulation
    Enigma/Phoenix 20
    Suspension
    UHMWPE
    Quote Originally Posted by Brommeland View Post
    I'll chime in here as another satisfied customer of Bill's. Not only does he make a super product, but he is also a very good guy to deal with. He actually communicates with his customers in a prompt, concise & detailed manner! (A few other cottage guys could take a hint from this, btw)

I cannot recommend him and his product highly enough.
    Although I'm not currently in the market for a bridge hammock, I have really enjoyed Bill's posts on this & other forums over the years. His knowledge in matters of the outdoors is super impressive, even though he retains his practical sensibilities. Wish him nothing but success.

Hammock
    JustBill's Biggy Deluxe
    Tarp
    WB Super Fly
    Insulation
    Zepp/LL Ghost Pepr
    Images
    Tyroler, I've noticed a pretty large improvement in comfort going from a WB Blackbird XLC to one of Bills Lux hammocks. Much of it is being able to side sleep, but also it's more like my bed. GE hammocks make me feel like I'm twisting unless I really dial it in just right, which seems like luck most of the time. Also, Bills bridge is perfectly flat, so no knee hyper-extension or calf ridge. Being able to add a cushy pad can add a lot of comfort as well. I really enjoy mine.
    But for the grace of God, there, I go...

Hammock
    sld tree runner dl
    Tarp
    sld trail haven
    Insulation
    Diy reflectics
    Suspension
    Woopie
    I tried to love GE hammocks. I tried extra wide, extra long (12'), extra long and extra wide, all are a improvement to sleeping on the ground. But I still felt like something was missing. I was so excited when Bill said he would make a big guy bridge. It is everything I was missing and more. My sleep and back issues are greatly reduced. My sleep improved and pain decreased so much that I now sleep full time in the bridge. My wife isnt completely happy about the situation. I make sure to sleep in the bed at least one night a week. The next morning my wife always say it was nice but I shouldn't do that, because I'm in so much back pain. You have everything to gain by getting a bridge hammock.

Hammock
    Towns End Lux Bridge
    Insulation
    AHE/LLBEAN
    The ridge line on the Townsend is nice, takes the guess work out of pitching. Hang it up...back up...level out, sleep. (added one to the WBRR, sshhh).

Hammock
    Towns End Lux Bridge
    Insulation
    AHE/LLBEAN
    What are folks running for Underquilts? I just Ordered an UnderGroundQuilts Ambush 10f with 4oz overstuff, with a custom loop sewn in amidship on each side(man grunt). Idea being to snug her up against me bum and prevent any saggin'. The 12 nights/year challenge is getting expensive!

Hammock
    JustBill's Biggy Deluxe
    Tarp
    WB Super Fly
    Insulation
    Zepp/LL Ghost Pepr
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ctroy25 View Post
    What are folks running for Underquilts? I just Ordered an UnderGroundQuilts Ambush 10f with 4oz overstuff, with a custom loop sewn in amidship on each side(man grunt). Idea being to snug her up against me bum and prevent any saggin'. The 12 nights/year challenge is getting expensive!
    So far my Zeppelin appears to be working. If it's cold enough, I'll also use my insulated Big Agnes pad. That turns it into a toaster, seriously, so it would have to be really cold. I snug up my Zepp. with shock cord in the middle running up to the ridge line. The Zepp. suspension is connected to the 'biners at the ends.
    But for the grace of God, there, I go...

Hammock
    Towns-End
    Tarp
    WB, Towns-End, UGQ
    Insulation
    LSOH, JRB, UGQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Images
    I originally tried an ambush and RidgeCreek XL. They will work. Once I figured it out, they snug up well and stay in place. That being said, even though it fit, it always felt a hair narrow to me. i am confident that it's a mental thing, and I couldn't get over it. I am currently using JRB UQ's and have had no issues.

Hammock
    Town's End bridge
    Tarp
    MWG Membrane Sil
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ/Thermarest
    Suspension
    straps/buckles
    Images
    My 1S Ridge Creek was woefully inadequate both coverage and warmth-wise (but OK on my WBRR). Can't take advantage of all that space with the narrow quilt Bill was liking the HG Incubator, which I'm about to spring for.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast