Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    phnx,zepp,jbrdge
    Suspension
    straps, hammock an
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    Just an update-

I have been a bit slow to respond lately... beyond the fun stuff we are all dealing with I chose to lighten up my weight by having my appendix removed.
    While my appendix was quite inebriated it was fortunately removed right before it spilled bile all over the place and stunk up the joint too much.

Recovery wasn't too bad- but since my dayjob has been quite busy of late- something had to give so I cut out some of the computer and sewing time for a bit.

While "abs" or 'Core strength' really are not terms that have much relevance to my abdominal area these days- I have recovered enough that I am resuming sewing and working on catching up on things overall.

Hope you're all hanging in there- and fer those of you who have failed to hang in there with other options: yer old pal Bill will eventually catch up with you and get a bridge headed your way. If you reached out- check your junk mail for TownsEnd or Just Bill
    Get well , and keep trucking my friend! I just had my right hip replaced and the left one in 2 weeks...on top of all the other stuff with the knees...take care and happy 4th!
    It's not the boulders that throw us off balance, it's the pebbles beneath our feet

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Just an update-

I have been a bit slow to respond lately... beyond the fun stuff we are all dealing with I chose to lighten up my weight by having my appendix removed.
    While my appendix was quite inebriated it was fortunately removed right before it spilled bile all over the place and stunk up the joint too much.

Recovery wasn't too bad- but since my dayjob has been quite busy of late- something had to give so I cut out some of the computer and sewing time for a bit.

While "abs" or 'Core strength' really are not terms that have much relevance to my abdominal area these days- I have recovered enough that I am resuming sewing and working on catching up on things overall.

Hope you're all hanging in there- and fer those of you who have failed to hang in there with other options: yer old pal Bill will eventually catch up with you and get a bridge headed your way. If you reached out- check your junk mail for TownsEnd or Just Bill
    Hope you feel better soon Bill! I've been taking a lot of back yard naps and test hangs with my BGBH lately--the more I get used to it, the more I appreciate and realize the brilliant design and just plain genius of what you have created! Get well soon, and I hope your production ramps up so I can buy another one eventually! (also, you should write another book --"lying on the trail volume 2"! )
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    Superfly!
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Hope and prayer
    Images
    There are easier ways to loose a few pounds ya know Get well soon!

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Thanks for the kind words fellas...

I'm starting to get bridges out the door again. I'll be working through the backlog list and following up with those of you who reached out so I can streamline my production a bit.
    At this time I am limiting production to:
    The Big Guy (250-350+ pounds)
    The Luxury (same size as the big guy but for those 250 and other who also want a ton of room)
    The Happy Medium- my backpacking bridge which is wider/longer than most others but fits under a 10' tarp, comes standard with Carbon Fiber poles, and weighs 17 ounces.

Here are the current specs and pricing- Bridge Specs 2019- Section Cuts.pdfBridge Specs 2019.pdf
    At the moment-
    I am backordered on Carbon Fiber poles (Made for me by Ruta Locura) and those will be a month or so out as Josh is a very busy boy. (so happy medium orders will sit here or ship with AL poles)
    Mountain Hybrid 1.3 fabric is out of stock most places... I have a little but for the most part it's allocated to some prototypes.

I am making my bottom entry, zipperless bugnets for each model too.
    Testing and prototypes (Mountain Hanger, Just a Bridge, Harmony, and others) are on hold.

If I already confirmed you're on the list... just keep an eye on your inbox.

If you reached out and you didn't see a reply- odds are good it's sitting in your spam filter/junkmail. So take a peek in there, though I often reply from a townsend email (Towns-End Outdoors).

If for some reason I missed you- my apologies. [email protected] is my email.

Also- I know bridges are in short supply overall at the moment. So if you do have a fresh inquiry or interest and aren't familiar with how I do things:

I DO NOT take orders. I sell bridges. If you want one and I don't have one, I add your name to a waiting list. I do not require a deposit but ask that you only ask to be on the list if you are planning on purchasing one.

As I complete batches of hammocks I reach out to those on the list and if you're ready to pull the trigger- you pick a color (or take what I got)- I send an invoice- you pay- I ship. Bing Bang Boom you got a bridge. Admittedly there is a bit less bang and boom in the postal system at the moment, but most stuff shipping CONUS is getting there in about a week or so.

If for some reason you can't stand the color combos available, you move to the top of the list for the next batch.

If for some reason life gets in the way and poop occurs... the good news is we just wasted an email or three and I wasn't holding your money for weeks or months.
    So we don't need to discuss refunds or any BS- We just wish each other luck and hope to see each other down the trail during better days.

I got a dayjob- I don't need you to front money to buy materials. I just need your patience while I try to find time to sew.

Hang in there everyone!

Bill

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    Great update Bill! Happy to see you back in the production end again. I give nothing but glowing reports about my BGBH and shall continue to do so. I've had some weight loss this year and am now sub-250...might be in the market for a Lux later this year.............................................. .as long as I continue to get smaller!!
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Hammock
    Warbonnet ridgerunner/ chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Synthetic UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch beetles
    The ultimate hammock. Totally worth the wait. Thanks Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    CRO Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle 15'
    Bill sent me pictures of my finished Big Guy Bridge and it looks amazing. He plans to ship it today. I have wanted to get a bridge hammock for a while. Looks like I'll be sleeping in the backyard this weekend.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
    "God never sends us anything we can't handle. Sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa.

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wbJohn View Post
    Bill sent me pictures of my finished Big Guy Bridge and it looks amazing. He plans to ship it today. I have wanted to get a bridge hammock for a while. Looks like I'll be sleeping in the backyard this weekend.
    Great idea to get used to it and try different hang angles/heights. A chart Bill has for his hammocks as far as hang angles & width between trees is pretty much spot on. I love my BGBH!
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
    Great update Bill! Happy to see you back in the production end again. I give nothing but glowing reports about my BGBH and shall continue to do so. I've had some weight loss this year and am now sub-250...might be in the market for a Lux later this year.............................................. .as long as I continue to get smaller!!
    Nice work! Retirement is suiting you eh, lol.

It's not a big club (pun intended)... but there are a good half dozen or so 'former Big Guys' out there. I'm certainly not going to credit the bridge, but it is always good to hear folks who get out in the woods and see positive results in many areas. I won't say who... but in a good bit of 'trail magic' about a year back there was a fella who had retired down to central america and really wanted a Big Guy Bridge. He was up in the states visiting family for a short window and I was not able to fill his order due to a backlog at the time and we were both bummed about it.

Later that day a Big Guy customer emailed to tell me he'd lost nearly 100lbs and wanted to know if his Bridge could find a new home.
    So I connected the two and that Big Guy bridge moved to some remote tropical beach in central america to enjoy a new life.

So if the time comes for you... you never know what retirement will bring.

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    Nice work! Retirement is suiting you eh, lol. So if the time comes for you... you never know what retirement will bring.
    It will be hard to part with something I've grown to love using. But never say never!

• + New Posts
  • Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast